2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

541 - 560 of 1042 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I work in software, and it sounds to me like Mazda is having a lot of trouble with the latest firmware update. The fact that they basically recalled a major version (v26) gives us a sense of how bad their quality control team is. Normally you will not GA a version unless it is regression stress tested. From some of the bluetooth issues on the forums, they must not have poor test cases.

Given the possible v26 failure, they probably are running a control test on v27. Based on purchase data, they'll get a wide distribution of Mazda3 2014 units and they specifically allot those VIN numbers to get the v27 upgrade. Depending of the complexity of the software distribution kit, the dealer may or may not be able to provide the v27 update to everyone. It would be very simple for the manufacture to include a signature based on VIN.

What it means for you - until v27 is truly GA, I would say just don't push the dealer for it. Try in 3 months to take v27.

I have v25 and haven't checked for v27 availability yet - nevertheless I am not experiencing any of the issues you guys are having. The only problems I have are GPS lock issues, audio play folder lock and bluetooth streaming spottiness probably caused by the very slow import feature (instead of looking for checksum changes).
Ok, I finally got a response from my rep at Mazda Customer Service regarding my VIN not showing any updates, even though I'm on v25. This is what she said:

"Per our conversation, I have researched your request and have been assured that your vehicle is equipped with the latest software update available which is a modified version 25. I would encourage you to keep checking with a Mazda technician when you take your vehicle in for service for any updates."

So I guess I ain't getting v27....I will have to wait for the next update.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've attached a photo of my parking sensors which are linked into the reversing camera display. This is an Australian model.

Cheers
I have the reversing camera and I have rear cross traffic sensors that beep at me, but my sensors do not display like that in my car.

If that the add-on sensor accessory that you can buy? I know there is one, but I thought it was just the sensors that beep at you.

I ****ing wish mine would show all the sides of my car.
Hell, I need the sensors in the front of the car more than I need them in the back.....
I literally cannot tell how far out the front of the car extends while I'm in the car.

Maybe it is a sGT thing since I only have an sT. If so, that's pretty lame.

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Good thing the Sport Nav comes with front & rear sensors w/ audio/visual on the nav screen then. :D A reversing camera would just be a bonus (and extra expense)

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "Sport".
iSV?
sT?
sGT?

In the UK we have;

SE
SE-Nav
SE L
SE L-Nav
Sport Nav (top spec)

Some things are missing from our specs, or not yet available as options.

Moonroof
2nd accessory socket (under cd player)
Reverse (backup) camera etc...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just got updated to v27. Everything seems a bit smoother and maybe a touch faster. Still not getting album art when connected to my iPhone over bluetooth (I do get it over USB). I think the music database is supposed to have album art and display it even for songs on the radio, but I may be wrong. I also read something about contact photos, but I've never seen them and still don't with v27. Maybe it's not supported for iPhones?

I really hope Mazda jumps on board with Apple's CarPlay. It shouldn't be that difficult to implement on the existing systems since they are obviously update-able. Then Mazda wouldn't have to worry about user experience as much since Apple would be in control (and Apple knows what they are doing as far as user friendly software).

·
Registered
68 Posts
I really wish front sensors was an option in this mazda

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, should have clarified my visual parking sensors are a dealer option. However they are official Mazda sensors designed to seamlessly integrate into the existing system.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got updated to v27 in Montreal when I did my 4 month oil change, seems a bit faster, lost a couple of options in the Maintenance menu but that's ok. On another note I bitched about how my oil changes are way too frequent at 4 months when I did half of the allowed mileage for mandatory changes, and the manager told me to come twice a year and I'll be ok.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got updated to v27. Everything seems a bit smoother and maybe a touch faster. Still not getting album art when connected to my iPhone over bluetooth (I do get it over USB). I think the music database is supposed to have album art and display it even for songs on the radio, but I may be wrong. I also read something about contact photos, but I've never seen them and still don't with v27. Maybe it's not supported for iPhones?

I really hope Mazda jumps on board with Apple's CarPlay. It shouldn't be that difficult to implement on the existing systems since they are obviously update-able. Then Mazda wouldn't have to worry about user experience as much since Apple would be in control (and Apple knows what they are doing as far as user friendly software).
I never got the contact photos to work with my work iPhone. That feature just isn't available. With my Windows Phone, while setting up bluetooth pairing, it asks if I want to share my contacts, and at the same time I can specify if I want to sync my contact photos to. I was able to get it to work - it is awesome.

I have album cover art appearing for HD Radio, Xbox Music and Nokia MixRadio (music apps on Windows phone). There is an Xbox music app for iPhone. Give that a go, and see if it is the app or the OS. I get cover art for all songs.

As for CarPlay, Mazda is not part of that announcement. Instead, they went this way: Seattle startup OpenCar partners with Mazda, launches auto app platform - GeekWire [this was shared by another poster on this forum, Xplosiv i think]

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
I never got the contact photos to work with my work iPhone. That feature just isn't available. With my Windows Phone, while setting up bluetooth pairing, it asks if I want to share my contacts, and at the same time I can specify if I want to sync my contact photos to. I was able to get it to work - it is awesome.

I have album cover art appearing for HD Radio, Xbox Music and Nokia MixRadio (music apps on Windows phone). There is an Xbox music app for iPhone. Give that a go, and see if it is the app or the OS. I get cover art for all songs.

As for CarPlay, Mazda is not part of that announcement. Instead, they went this way: Seattle startup OpenCar partners with Mazda, launches auto app platform - GeekWire [this was shared by another poster on this forum, Xplosiv i think]
Thanks for the credit.

You learn a little more about OpenCar if you visit their site, they are currently hiring too ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts

I'm still hoping for CarPlay at some point, but I guess we will see. From what I have seen from others, the infotainment is some variant of linux, so it should be pretty awesomely easy to customize however Mazda sees fit.

·
Registered
160 Posts

I listen to XM radio mostly, and there is that empty square box on the right of the screen where, when listening to the apps that you are talking about, the album art goes. That empty box drives me crazy. Do you think one of the future updates will allow for the XM station logo to go there? Every other car I've had with XM, the station logo is always displayed somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts

The last thing Mazda should do is get on board with anything Apple does. Apple locks down everything and binds you into their ecosystem. Mazda needs to concentrate on open protocols, for example Bluetooth MAP (which they already do support), which will allow any devices that properly implement these protocols to interface with it. Apple does not properly do much of anything in the way of standards, and the sooner they get forced into using standards, the better for everyone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The last thing Mazda should do is get on board with anything Apple does. Apple locks down everything and binds you into their ecosystem. Mazda needs to concentrate on open protocols, for example Bluetooth MAP (which they already do support), which will allow any devices that properly implement these protocols to interface with it. Apple does not properly do much of anything in the way of standards, and the sooner they get forced into using standards, the better for everyone.
Relevant article here:

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-for-car-will-google-apple-microsoft-dominate

·
... Is Watching.
384 Posts
It's not THAT relevant

A) Mazda isn't mentioned at all in that article
B) You really can't trust the Guardian
C) Mazda and OpenCar announced a partnership back in Jan that has already been reported on this site.
D) OpenCar goes beyond choosing between a given ecosystem and gives devs a platform for multiple 'Big brands', meaning one dev/devteam can write an app for the OpenCar platform and make it compatible with multiple ecosystems or easily port it from one ecosystem to another. (Android to Apple or visa versa)

Press | OpenCar

Your welcome.:devil2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok, I finally got a response from my rep at Mazda Customer Service regarding my VIN not showing any updates, even though I'm on v25. This is what she said:

"Per our conversation, I have researched your request and have been assured that your vehicle is equipped with the latest software update available which is a modified version 25. I would encourage you to keep checking with a Mazda technician when you take your vehicle in for service for any updates."

So I guess I ain't getting v27....I will have to wait for the next update.
I took my vehicle in today for radio signal issues and I asked them to check if there was a firmware upgrade for the Infotainment. The one guy said he hasn't heard anything but that he'd look. When I picked up he said there was a bulletin about it and they had upgraded it for me. He had no reason to lie to me as I hadn't gone in demanding a specific version, I'd just said I heard there might be an update to resolve some bugs and I wondered if they could check.

I looked at my version number and it's still 25. It's 25.000.400. Mine came with 25, but I have no idea which version of 25 it came with because apparently I wasn't smart enough to take a pic of the full version number. Bah! Maybe I just got updated to the same version I already had?

So, if mine was indeed updated, maybe there is something to this modified version 25? What's your full version number? And what's your vehicle production date?

541 - 560 of 1042 Posts