2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1007 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Basically this thread is to talk about all issues of the new infotainment system. Any problems, solutions, ideas, guides, and so on can be posted here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So today the infotainment locked up and crashed but the good news is that after a minute or so it rebooted itself and resumed right from where it died. On a side note the Pandora streaming stopped working but not sure if its my phone or the car. I'll know better tomorrow when i do a factory reset on the infotainment unit.
How is the infotainment system at night? I've only had the chance to test drive during the day and thought it was great, but was concerned that it might create too much light at night. Do you find this to be the case at all? Does it dim when the lights are on?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How is the infotainment system at night? I've only had the chance to test drive during the day and thought it was great, but was concerned that it might create too much light at night. Do you find this to be the case at all? Does it dim when the lights are on?
It does dim a little when the lights come on but its still pretty bright. However it is adjustable for brightness and contrast, I just haven't messed with the default settings yet.

Regarding my audio issue, that was my own fault for not realizing that my phone had volume control for bluetooth and it was turned all the way down. Hopefully others will see this post in case they run into the same issue.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had multiple crashes and lockups, the dealer just needs me to bring the car in when it's in a crashed state so they can trouble shoot it and get information for Mazda.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've had multiple crashes and lockups, the dealer just needs me to bring the car in when it's in a crashed state so they can trouble shoot it and get information for Mazda.
Hmmm... this is day 3 with my 2014 SGT and none of the issues you guys have been reporting here so far. As for night use... the touch screen is not a distraction at all and was previously post you can also adjust the brightness/contrast levels.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have noticed one bug and that is it doesn switch from day mode to night mode when you set it to auto. Other than that its been pretty solid.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have noticed one bug and that is it doesn switch from day mode to night mode when you set it to auto. Other than that its been pretty solid.
Make sure you don't have the dimmer knob turned to full max, b/c that will cause the display to stay on full bright even when in Auto mode. You need to have it at least one click down from full max.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Does anyone have the link to the Mazda website that goes through all the settings/features of the new Mazda Connect system? I am trying to find it via google but not having any luck. I mainly want to check to see if they have updated the feature compatibility listing for the iPhone.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it here http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/home?model_id=961

Reactions: XplosiV

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you have the brightness adjustment knob by the speedometer turned all the way up with stay at full brightness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also had issues with the new infotainment system. I had the audio all start coming from what seemed to be only one passenger side speaker. It was not audible at highway speeds.
I also had the voice control 'Talk' button stop working.
Both issues have happened twice in the last week.
Restarting the car seems to temporarily fix the problem.
When it works, it works great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having a number of issues with the new infotainment system.... Sometimes it doesn't boot up right away, so no backup camera, no music, no nav, nothing. Then a mile down the road, the Mazda logo will suddenly come up. I've had my "favorites" disappear a few times. Do any of you find that when you're stopped at a red light, the Navigation screen will flip around 180 degrees and show what's behind you, instead of in front?

That happens to me, and then when I start driving again, the screen flips around again. I've had some other bad luck with the car. Too bad. I've had it for only a few weeks, but Mazda is being good about addressing the issues. From the service manager at the dealership where I bought the car, I hear that they are aware of the problems and working to solve what sound like software issues mainly.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I've been having a number of issues with the new infotainment system.... Sometimes it doesn't boot up right away, so no backup camera, no music, no nav, nothing. Then a mile down the road, the Mazda logo will suddenly come up. I've had my "favorites" disappear a few times. Do any of you find that when you're stopped at a red light, the Navigation screen will flip around 180 degrees and show what's behind you, instead of in front?

That happens to me, and then when I start driving again, the screen flips around again. I've had some other bad luck with the car. Too bad. I've had it for only a few weeks, but Mazda is being good about addressing the issues. From the service manager at the dealership where I bought the car, I hear that they are aware of the problems and working to solve what sound like software issues mainly.
Bummer. But as with any redesigned car it will take a little bit to work out the quirks. As long as you got a good dealer it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mazda3

I have had the hatch for about 5 days now and some peculiar things have started happening.

First my ipod worked fine for the first 4 days. Then yesterday while driving the whole system rebooted and now the ipod wont work. every time i try to access is through the on screen menus the ipod reboots.

Also when driving the car the infotainments system reboots about every 30 minutes.

hopefully this isnt a bad omen. love the car, traded in a BMW 335i for it, because it was out of warranty and stuff started breaking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had the hatch for about 5 days now and some peculiar things have started happening.

First my ipod worked fine for the first 4 days. Then yesterday while driving the whole system rebooted and now the ipod wont work. every time i try to access is through the on screen menus the ipod reboots.

Also when driving the car the infotainments system reboots about every 30 minutes.

hopefully this isnt a bad omen. love the car, traded in a BMW 335i for it, because it was out of warranty and stuff started breaking.
Exactly my sentiments. I love driving the car, but there seem to be a lot of minor (and some bigger) issues and I hope everything will last well beyond the warranty.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've had the car for almost 3 weeks now and I've had the system randomly freeze and reboot about 2 times while I'm driving. I've also experienced the screen not turning on upon starting the car — it later turned on like 3 minutes later. If it keeps happening, I'll take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had an older version of the OS 16.xxxx and had tons of issues and it was really sluggish. Last week Mazda called me and said they identified my car as one that shipped with the wrong version of the infotainment software. They setup and appointment to get my car updated to 20.xxxx. Which is better, but others have still seen issues with that version. Folks should at least check if you have something older than 20.xxxx take you car in and get it updated.

To me this shows Mazda cares about the customer experience and all of these issues need to be reported to them so they know what to fix.

·
Registered
22 Posts
And now my voice prompt button on steering wheel is not working.... Joy... Ugh
Mine never works if I have a usb stick plugged in (even if all the songs are 128kbps CBR). Unplugging the USB stick and restarting the car in 10 mins makes it work again. I switched to using CD RW's for now because of this.

1 - 20 of 1007 Posts