2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

i don't know if it happened to anyone else but few days ago someone broke in my 2014 mazda 3 ( don't know how cause i'm sure i locked the door ) and try to steal the screen. they tried but couldn't get the bold out so they left it but cracked the screen ( spider web like on top part of the screen and a big crack in the middle.) it still works tho. i call mazda and they try to charge me 2 grands to get a new one. my question is : does anyone knows where to buy a new one or 2nd hand one off the internet ( preferred in alberta or anywhere in canada) i found a few on ebay for 200$

thanks

·
Cyan Member
4 Posts
This one is OEM:
quirkparts(dot)com/oem-parts/mazda-display-system-bhp1611j0d/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9c291bmQtc3lzdGVtJmk9NTQxOTM5MDUmcj02JmE9bWF6ZGEmbz0zJnk9MjAxNCZ0PXMtZ3JhbmQtdG91cmluZyZlPTItNWwtbDQtZ2Fz

Video on removing the head unit:
youtube(dot)com/watch?v=f4Ima1yqAJU&list=WL&index=6&t=0s

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow. $700 is expensive, but the removal is so easy (per the video you posted). So, basically, the dealer wants to charge $1,300 for a 10 minute install. Ouch.

michel93300,
You can call around to junk yards, you may get lucky and find one in good shape.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You mentioned you thought you locked your doors...you probably did. Without getting too detailed, there are fairly simple hi tech ways to unlock car doors with keyless entry....All the auto manufacturers know about it and they know how to fix. There is an easy fix which they have not addressed yet. I'm not sure why but I keep hoping Mazda will program a firmware update in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts