2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boost or Bust.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 mazda 3 2.0 auto. Seems like a while now I keep asking myself hmmm is it a little rougher? Is that a bit of a misfire? Does it crank a little longer than it used to? Is the motor pulling through the powerband and calibrating shifts that compliment this motor as effectively as it used to? I really really thought it was but convinced myself I just had too high of expectations of it. O reileys had a sale on seafoam that motivated me to locate what I hope was a vac line to the lower intake and one "for pcv?" Right before the throttle plate in the dark with crap light, "dont know much about this motor" And run seafoam through them, sit, smoke out a bit, added the rest to a very low tank. Ripped it like a hot rod to the gas station filled it up and its completely blown my expectations away. Its as quiet and smooth as it was new all you hear is injectors. You can hear it gulping more air and its really sounding like a vortec motor sounds really healthy. More power and really nailing the gears. I wouldn't expect seafoam to yeild those kind of results even on an old car that obviously needs it, but 23k? Interesting.......

·
Registered
141 Posts
On top of that, seafoam doesn't do anything for direct injection. The fuel never passes over the valves so it doesn't help to remove any deposits.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
OCC and EGR delete with AP to delete the cel FTW.

Reactions: Oliverms3

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
So is there a solution for us SkyActiv owners that doesn't involve opening up the engine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts