Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parts List I Used:

Rear Cover: BHN9-32-049C-02
Paddle Switches: BHT1-66-3P0
Harness: BNK8-66-4M2
Bolts: BHN9-32-750

Tip#1 HOWEVER, something changed with the rear cover for 2017-2018, I didn't notice when I ordered and the parts department didn't catch it. So that was the WRONG REAR COVER. So now I am waiting on the correct rear cover.

Correct Rear Cover: B64E-32-049-02

Tip #2 When you are removing the airbag, make sure your battery is disconnected. The screwdriver you insert into the rear is just pushing the clips that hold the airbag in, you are not actually unscrewing anything; but a Phillips head driver will work best. The airbag should just nearly fall out when you do it correct.

Tip #3 The harness I purchased had the incorrect connectors on the end, so we swapped my connectors from the car onto the new harness. We used something like this to remove the pins (search on amazon for Molex 11-03-0044).

I'll update once I get the new cover in....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Parts List I Used:

Rear Cover: BHN9-32-049C-02
Paddle Switches: BHT1-66-3P0
Harness: BNK8-66-4M2
Bolts: BHN9-32-750

Tip#1 HOWEVER, something changed with the rear cover for 2017-2018, I didn't notice when I ordered and the parts department didn't catch it. So that was the WRONG REAR COVER. So now I am waiting on the correct rear cover.

Correct Rear Cover: B64E-32-049-02

Tip #2 When you are removing the airbag, make sure your battery is disconnected. The screwdriver you insert into the rear is just pushing the clips that hold the airbag in, you are not actually unscrewing anything; but a Phillips head driver will work best. The airbag should just nearly fall out when you do it correct.

Tip #3 The harness I purchased had the incorrect connectors on the end, so we swapped my connectors from the car onto the new harness. We used something like this to remove the pins (search on amazon for Molex 11-03-0044).

I'll update once I get the new cover in....
Can you upload some pictures of the rear cover?
Thank you

·
Mazda Fresher
129 Posts
I wait for updates with rapt anticipation. I was annoyed that paddles didn't come from the factory on my 2017 M3GT. You'd think on the higher trims they might add some cool features like this. But no.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I wait for updates with rapt anticipation. I was annoyed that paddles didn't come from the factory on my 2017 M3GT. You'd think on the higher trims they might add some cool features like this. But no.
Maybe on sedans, but my hatch came with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts