2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I currently drive a 13 year old Accord. It's been a great car, but I'm looking to upgrade soon. I tested a Mazda 3 HB yesterday and loved it. Liked these for a while, and I'd like to buy one soon. Can't decide if I want new or a bit used.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
I have the new 2018 3 and I love it. The LED lights are great, tech and styling are superb, and it's a fun car for a daily driver.

If you plan on being a speed demon on the road, I would search around for a used Mazdaspeed 3 though. They have a turbo, instead of the naturally aspirated 3, and can get upwards of double the HP of the 2.5L Skyactiv engines. They also have a ton of aftermarket car parts available for them, if you plan on modding your car.
CK

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
We love our 2017 Mazda 3 GT. It is quality car, fun to hassle down curvy, country roads, and damn dependable. And for those times when one is just calmly running errands, it just plain works for that too.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Currently have a 2015 3 HB. I bought it used and have enjoyed modding it in the short time I've had it. I've also owned the 2004 3 Sedan, brand new and fresh off the boat from Japan. I kept that one stock. Either way, it's a reliable car that's fun to drive. You won't go wrong whichever route you choose. GL!

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not much modding will be done. Window tint for starters. Not messing with engine. I drove the 2.0 AT and really liked it. I've been driving V6s for the past 10 years. I won't loose my manliness by driving a 2.0 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
225 Posts
Before the '04 Mazda 3, I was coming from a 280 hp Infiniti G35. Needless to say, I was a bit worried about the huge drop in performance, but after test driving the 3, it had enough zip and response that it didn't feel like as big a drop in power as I thought it would.

I then went off-map by getting a Hyundai Veloster after driving the 1st Gen 3 to the ground. Loved the look of it, but I was very disappointed in the lack of acceleration in that car and switched back to a 3 less than a year later.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tested the Veloster too. It drove nice, but instant torque was very weak if you wanted to take off in an instant. Once turbo kicked in, it was better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts