2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals,

I'm looking for a good in-dash head unit for 2012 SkyA with steering control/hands free compatibility. Do you know of any good one? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. I was just wondering if there were new systems that weren't from China. Thanks anyway! I'll keep looking.

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
no. lol plain and simple the US really isnt tryin to play with the mazda market like other countries. 3i2011's suggestion is probably gonna be the closest that u get to them, unfortunately you will not be able to retain the steering wheel controls for the phone all the other buttons will work(at the moment). the good thing about the chinese is its cheap, ships quick, and looks damn near stock.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If the head unit supports steering wheel controls and has bluetooth capabilities, you can get the Pac-Audio SWI-RC. Just have to check and see if the head unit your looking for is compatible with it.
You are able to program the factory bluetooth/audio buttons to do what you want. You end up disconnecting the OEM bluetooth module and use the bluetooth of the new HU (if equipped)

I'm using this with an Alpine INE-S920HD. I think the bluetooth audio quality of the Alpine is much better than the OEM.

I tried one of those Chinese radios. Liked the OEM look, did not like the poor UI & bluetooth quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts