2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Try this, I may have been in error as I rely on long term Dealer guys in Europe (Germany) and one in US who supplies the files to me I put to Hi-Drive....from memory Mazda US lists the two files separately for Dealers to Download, MME combines them into one file and then must be unzipped by Dealer. To be consistent in naming of latest DOM files and procedures so Retail OWNERS will not be confused I decided to combine files for all as one, and why I originally said this is a DEALER only process normally.

DO EXACTLY this...IF you do not have original one piece zipped DOM file, then download again to DESKTOP.
Right Click and EXTRACT HERE (to Desktop).
Now you have two files...
contents.sig
contents (which is zipped), now DO NOT Extract this file as I said before, it remains as is, you rename this file by just adding the .tar extension.
You then copy/paste to clean FAT32 small USB Flash Drive, follow the .pdf Directions.
contents.sig
contents.tar
OK, sorry about the mix up.
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
While I am at it..

Well just because your Mazda is a late 2020 production does not mean Japan installed the required TCU Telemetry Control Unit Hardware for Remote Start.....etc.
I have not checked later models as I need a full VIN Number (2021) to do so (AUSTRALIAN).

The policy of Japan is they don't spend a $ more than they have to on cars, we as a country are aligned with EU Compliance (Safety and Emissions), MME UK policy is Remote Start by MyMazdaApp will only start with MX-30 Hybrid and electric.
Set up for this is not exactly simple as car manufacturers have to install Modems in TCU that comply with local Telecommunication providers and ensure they have the correct band frequencies to work from car to phone.
In Australia I really doubt it will be all providers, I think your will see it being Telstra only, maybe Optus, Vodafone doubt it ?.

As I have said before the MyMazdaApp version 6.0.0 or above will tell you, last time I checked (Oct 2020) nobody in Australia could access App or Register App via phone verification and the cars VIN entry, first it was USA then EU (MX-30), ADR is always last.

Mazda USA has two providers Verizon for one model and AT&T from memory.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well looks like this is the end..
I cant log in to server either..
Looks like the guy who was paying has no longer renewed his subscription.
I have tried to contact but not looking good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mazda Australia paid me $515 after I lodged claim with NCAT (NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal)

After I presented their online advertisements claiming my BP series came with MZD Connect (ever showing the 8.8 inch screen) , which it didn't and they emailed NSW Dept of Fair Trading that my car is actually fitted with Mazda Connect and therefore is not compatible. The owners manual online says MZD Connect.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Sorry I follow some of this and I recall the issue installing EU Digital Owners Manual, and I looked back.

So did you actually install EU DOM??

And YES BP 3 are all and always were MAZDA CONNECT and comes with a screen.....MZD Connect is on way out, only in Mazda 2, 6 (6 now discontinued ) and MX-5, and CX-3 until end of Year and that model is gone too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry I follow some of this and I recall the issue installing EU Digital Owners Manual, and I looked back.

So did you actually install EU DOM??

And YES BP 3 are all and always were MAZDA CONNECT and comes with a screen.....MZD Connect is on way out, only in Mazda 2, 6 (6 now discontinued ) and MX-5, and CX-3 until end of Year and that model is gone too.
No I didn't install EU DOM. Mazda Australia advertised the BP Series with MZD Connect as per below.
They even sent me an SMS text referring to MZD Connect on the 25th March this year.

Font Screenshot Technology Terrestrial plant Event

Font Screenshot Electronic device Communication Device Circle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I give up...you are not listening.

IF YOUR MAZDA is a BP then it is MAZDA Connect.... look down at link ''MAZDA 3 AT A GLANCE''

MZD Connect does not exist for the 2019~ BP Mazda 3.

MZD Connect is 6th GENERATION.
MAZDA CONNECT is 7TH Generation, ONLY the 7th Generation Infotainment can use a DOM.

MZD Connect DOES EXIST if your Mazda 3 is a 2018 BN Mazda 3 this thread IS NOT for 2018 BN.

'Customer Service' at MA is wrong provided you are feeding correct info.

The end..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I give up...you are not listening.

IF YOUR MAZDA is a BP then it is MAZDA Connect.... look down at link ''MAZDA 3 AT A GLANCE''

MZD Connect does not exist for the 2019~ BP Mazda 3.

MZD Connect is 6th GENERATION.
MAZDA CONNECT is 7TH Generation, ONLY the 7th Generation Infotainment can use a DOM.

MZD Connect DOES EXIST if your Mazda 3 is a 2018 BN Mazda 3 this thread IS NOT for 2018 BN.

'Customer Service' at MA is wrong provided you are feeding correct info.

The end..

Hey Mate,

I know that, It's Mazda Connect. What's your problem? I am merely showing that Mazda Australia did advertise it as MZD Connect as per photo of same car as mine and pictogram of the 8.8 inch display which is particular to BP series and they referred to it as MZD Connect, even though my car is a BP series. (You say 7th Gen) What's so hard to understand about that? They know my vehicle it is registered through My Mazda Portal (has all my vehicle details) Yes they have the correct details. This is the end of my communication with you on this forum as you are very testy and getting yourself worked up over nothing. I never said my Mazda 3 was a BN series. I even posted photos of my car on this forum showing it is a BP series.

Geez calm your farm bro !!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Mate I don't go looking at what any owners post elsewhere to prove a Point.

Yes it is now obvious Mazda Australia had Branding Wrong from old MZD to new Mazda Connect (not the first time), where in USA (as an example) has always been Mazda Connect for both Generations 6th BM/BN and Gen 7th current BP.

I am fine MATE, I deal with all people all over the world, I still don't understand why you would make a civil claim to get some cash back because of what MA said in message, or online or did not do...I could say the same thing what's the big deal about, just seems strange, I pity your Dealer.

Because your car never had it originally well it still appears a 4A version is not available as the same applies in Middle East too that use 4A Software, If you read back you can see others in Australia have self installed OK with the EU DOM.

Just like earlier 3 versions had no TCU as their is no agreement setup for TELCOs in AU to carry eSIM for TCU to work as intended...this happens, not all models worldwide are the same specification, extras add cost.

MA Customer Services guys are not Parts interpreters they are basic message takers and usually will get back later to owners who ask difficult (non standard) questions some hours or days later.

It is not a Mazda Australia decision not to include a Digital Owners Manual like EU or NA has , it is a final decision by MMC Japan, MA does not make the file or code.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
2021 UPDATE..

From July 2021 Production MAZDA will no longer offer or install In Vehicle Digital Owners Manuals.

For many reasons, the complexity of yearly model year changes, security reg issues with ongoing updates.
Cars Instrument cluster and center display provide the driver with sufficient information when an operational question arises or when a vehicle malfunction occurs.

Mazda has decided to discontinue the IV-DOM and will shift their primary focus to the online Interactive Digital OM.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.