2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I love my Mazda 3 (2010) 2.0L but gas is getting more and more pricey and I was doing some research about trying to improve the fuel efficiency, and I was wondering has anyone had any experience with devices that control the air fuel ratio like this:

http://www.airfusionsystems.com/category_s/46.htm

The site claims it can save you 20-40% on fuel but I've not been able to find any third party reviews or testimonials online, nor any other similar devices to compare it to, does anyone here think this will work?

Also does anyone have any general tips to improve the efficiency? I've heard replacing the spark plugs with Bosch 4 pole sparkplugs and also replacing the Air filter is supposed to help but I don't know a great deal about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Complete bullshit. The best way to describe that device is that you are paying for a vacuum leak. Your throttle body is already regulating how much air comes in. The "extra" air this thing allows into the intake manifold will be negated by you having the throttle less open. The oxygen sensor is what determines you air-fuel-ratio. Besides the fact that this thing doesn't work it is also dangerous. It show ti plumbed into the brake boost hose. That means if this device fails it could leave you with out power brakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was already suspicious when I couldn't find anything about it online, I just figured perhaps they are just a new company and hadn't been established yet. The comments here have convinced me that this device cannot be as remarkable as they are suggesting - what you're saying about the engineering does make sense.
It show ti plumbed into the brake boost hose. That means if this device fails it could leave you with out power brakes.
Didn't see anything about the break boost hose, thought that it just went in between the fuel line and engine? If that's true then that is pretty bad.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I was already suspicious when I couldn't find anything about it online, I just figured perhaps they are just a new company and hadn't been established yet. The comments here have convinced me that this device cannot be as remarkable as they are suggesting - what you're saying about the engineering does make sense.

Didn't see anything about the break boost hose, thought that it just went in between the fuel line and engine? If that's true then that is pretty bad.
this device is definitely something you would find on ebay.. I bet it probably claims 50 MPG and +100 HP!

·
Registered
182 Posts

That's what I'm talking about. If the "metering" of the air fails and lets in too much air then the brake booster will get no vacuum. Your brakes would go from a nice gentle push to stop the car to having to push with all you got to stop.

·
General
170 Posts
trade for a skyactiv...the above is fake lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts