1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I just buy a brand new Mazda3 2016!
I'm starting to regret my buy 1 month after.. :(

First i know car paint i do paint on my own car and have done some previously, i do only for me now :)

So here the deal...;
I noticed the bumper are way off from the body color, spécialy the rear one that are whorse and ruin all the look of the car.... I'm not picky but this is a HUGE defect to me... Mazda look like to tell mer its normal and shut up... Waiting news since 2 weeks from Mazda Canada they did not even call me back !!!!
As i say i'm a painter, the rumors about the paint from plastic to metal is totally FALSE !! We are not anymore in the year 1980... The only reason to see such a huge defect like this is probably because they paint the bumper away from the car.. And seeing the poor color match may be even in another facility...??

BTW, for those thinking the plastic is not the same i will tell you 3 things,
1 - You dont put your paint on the plastic or on the metal, you put it on a primer, so if all part are well prepep there is no difference at all... Even on Candy... I do Candy on my race car !

2 - Look at any mazda3 pictures thats mazda display, look at mazda3 you see in showroom or show, paint are perfect match !!

3 - I see some mazda3 whit better matching... some are realy poor like mine and i feel this is unacceptable for 25,000$ BRAND NEW CAR !

Anyone seen that on his car ? Should be a lot like this as i can see and the worse is mazda Canada close there eyes and don't want to see anyting...:(

I'm not happy, that's only 1 month i have my car and i feel rippedOff by Mazda ! Btw i'm going to take action against Mazda.. Will keep my point..

If this is satisfactory to mazda they have a realy poor quality concern... Or they are blind...:(

So what you think about this ?? THat's so hugly..
Would you be happy having this brand new for 25,000$ ?

Attachments

·
Working Class Hero
3,652 Posts
Could be there was some transport or lot damage before you got it, and it was resprayed in a tent in the parking lot. Around here the company is called Carnica, and generally it's a band aid job done for cheap. Have a body shop look the paint over and give you another opinion.

p.s. Your issue may be with the dealer and not Mazda.
Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agreed, looks like a repair job due to a transport issue. It probably isn't as noticeable in the sun, so they thought it would pass. I'd push the dealer on this to repair it correctly!

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Oh my! Agreed. That looks like a botched repair job. Something could've happened in transport and when it hit land, the Port taking delivery may have had to touch it up.

On that note that, I feel like there's an EVER-SO-SLIGHT mismatch between my rear bumper and body. But I have to look so hard at it, I think my eyes are just playing tricks on me. My one grip is I did notice a crapload of orange peel in my paint. I mean, whatever, I notice that, others do not.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a blue reflex (light blue) and in the shade, my back bumper looks a little off.
But in the sun, my back bumper reflects more yellow than the rest of the car and looks light green -- on a light blue car.
My front bumper looks darker blue than the rest of the car when it's in the sun.
I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with my car, or your car. I think it's just the way it is.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Have you gone to the dealer yet? Seems like that would be the first step, and then if the dealer is not helpful call Mazda Canada to get it sorted. I'd be pretty surprised if they tried to blow this off.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well my paintjob is off too. I noticed that the bumper and the metal panel colors are off. However it is slightly off so isnt too bothersome. Meteor grey. Your look way off and a blind person may have painted that.

·
Working Class Hero
3,652 Posts
Angles of light can effect these metallic paints, too. It's all about how the metal flakes catch the light. And soul red can be a bitch to match, it would seem to me.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

·
MStech
10 Posts
It's not a dealership problem or a transportation problem. The pieces seem to be painted at different times and away from each other. Like the front and rear bumper covers get painted before placed on car. It's actually a very common problem I don't know what Mazda is going to do for it but most dark colors you can't tell but it's on basically every newer Mazda.
P.S. Basically exactly what the other guy said. Paint matching problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
my 2014 Japan-built Sport GT has the exact same issue. It's bugged me since day 1... The explanation given to me is that the front and back bumper pieces are painted separately. It's the same paint but maybe painted at a slightly different angle which causes the light to reflect differently. I've noticed that if you look at the paint job through polarized sunglasses, all the panels are exactly the same.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yes build in Mexico...

I asked the dealer they said he can't do nothing...
Callled mazda, emailed mazda canada pics etc...
Not even a call back to me... They Ignore me since over 2 weeks now.

How a Bizz like Mazda can ignore customer complaint like this....
Will call mazda back this morning... I'm not happy at all and very disapointed :(

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes build in Mexico...

Will call mazda back this morning... I'm not happy at all and very disapointed :(
Take them to social media: FB/Twitter, make noise. Get heard.

·
More free time than money
364 Posts
When I got rear ended insurance wouldn't pay to paint match my bumper with my hatch because "mazda paints the bumpers separately so it can be off from the factory". What a load of BS.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes build in Mexico...

Sorry hard to find any sympathy for you, you say you are a painter.
Yet you didn't notice this discrepancy in the paint match when you checked the car before taking delivery, you did do this right. It is hard to complain about paint match after you signed for and accepted the car.
The time to throw a fit was before you drove it off the lot not after.

Pat.

Reactions: Dova and GerryB

·
Registered
183 Posts
As others have said, looks like a definite paint match issue. I'd go to the dealer, and ask if you can look around the lot. If necessary, tell them the truth - that the bumpers look off, and you've been told that is "how Mazda comes". Assuming they'll let you wander the lot, take a look at all the bumpers you can, and see if they match or not. If they do, then getting a resolution might be hard without a lawyer. If none other cars on the lot show as drastic an issue, insist on talking to the GM, and go from there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Join the club, OP. The color match on my 2015 Sould Red hatch is APPALLING. First thing I did was contact Mazda HQ in my country. Sent photos. Stevie Wonder replied: "We can't see any mismatch worth mentioning" and suggested I go through my local dealer and have them submit an official application for warranty repair. Alright, here we go, I thought. Let the painters have a look at it, they'll see the problem and advise Mazda to take responsibility.

NOPE. A goddamn mechanic took his phone out, shot some crappy photos from afar in bad lighting on a rainy day and submitted them with the application. No awards for guessing how it went...

I've been living with it for 8 months now, but it still bothers me every single day. Will probably try consumer affairs next.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Quite often the paint on the bumper and the body will not match up, even thought the paint is the same. The problem is that the bumper is plastic, and the body is steel, and once the paint dries the finish can be two slightly different shades. If you use the same undercoat on plastic as you do on steel then the finish will be slightly different. A lighter or darker undercoat is needed on the bumper, depending on the colour of the car, to more align it with the car body's finish. It can be an annoying thing for the owner, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for the manufacturer. The car designers need to put a bit more effort into fixing it. I have noticed that it isn't just a problem with Mazda, but many car types have slightly different colour bumpers. People just seem to accept it as normal, and don't complain about it. Maybe that needs to change, as these car manufacturers are always telling us that quality of product is their main goal. Well it certainly doesn't seem to be in this case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wait for what they are going to do, you can be sure i will widely put a video of my car anywhere on the net as well as put a laywer on it.. But i hope to avoid to do that, thats stupid if they force me to take this route.... Thats a big defect and honestly if mazda can't admit that and close the eyes on this, thats tell a lot on her.... They just have to give me another car and make me happy buyer! Got no news since last thursday.. waiting....

hear they want to repaint and make me sign a paper to release mazda from any paint problem... If thats the case thats not going to append for sure...
Still waiting for news... will let you know!

Hope mazda is Proud of what they do and correct a mistake like this !!

Take them to social media: FB/Twitter, make noise. Get heard.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts