2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took it for a test drive tonight after handling everything over email (definitely the way to go) and pretty much instantly said I'll take it. Probably one of the easier sells they've seen since most questions I had I looked up myself online. Will be the first manual I own (total time with manual prior to this is like 40 minutes). Getting the 2010 Mazda 3 S w/moonroof package.

Is there anything in particular I should check before signing the final paper and driving away? The bose audio is... good enough. Didn't hear anything rattling except the trans when I stalled it a couple times :). Was there anything that you drove off and noticed hours/days later wasn't working and had to take back? Things I didn't even think to check include the moonroof (doh!) and headlights. Tread on tires UNFORTUNATELY looked pretty good (dumping them or swapping for winter tires pretty quickly).

Any dealer accessories you'd recommend? Only one I'm getting are the rear bumper protectors. Only other one that really interests me is auto dim rear view mirror with compass and I think I can find that aftermarket cheaper.

·
Go Gators!
9 Posts
My steering wheel was "off center". That drove me nuts. I also got the net for holding items in the back. Good luck, and enjoy!!

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Don't be surprised when you don't find a temp gauge lol Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My steering wheel was "off center". That drove me nuts. I also got the net for holding items in the back. Good luck, and enjoy!!
My other car is a Mitsubishi Outlander I'll plan on just keeping in garage until we get into "SNOW STORM OF THE CENTURY!!!" season here. That's hatchback-like and I'm used to just tossing stuff in the back. Smaller items I just put in back seat.

RE: no temp gauge. I knew that going in and is one of the minor annoyances. I'm an information junkie so I'd rather have dials for temperature, oil pressure, battery level, etc But I'll get used to it. The digtal fuel gauge is going to take some getting used to as well.

...spent last night already looking up mods for it. Looks like the HID replacement is simple enough but now torn on 5000k or 6000k, but that's a whole other topic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts