2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got fog lights installed on my 2012 skyactiv hatch by the dealer, and it seems they knocked the bulb out of its holder for the ignition light. Tonight I noticed a white light coming from inside the steering column, and after looking in every crack, I found it was this bulb. How do you get to that bulb to fix it? I would ask the dealer to fix it, but that's just a huge hassle getting down there (they are only open during the hours I work) and I figure they might bitch about my footwell lighting and say I did it when I installed the lighting. So any idea how to get to that bulb so I can put it back where it belongs? Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thank you for that. That did the trick, just pulled the top cover off and thats all that was needed, the bulb was hanging right there, and it has a small black plastic holder that it should go into. Just pushed the bulb back in, it clicked in and is good to go. Do have one more question, would this line be good to tap into if I wanted to power some floor lights that are on when the doors open, or is there a better line to use?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts