2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am currently experiencing this exact issue with my 2016 CX5. Did you happen to have this issue resolved?
If the symptoms are similar, first replace the fob in your keyless remote. Then replace the brake sensor underneath your brake pedal. These are the two quickest solutions. If you are still having issues after that, then I wouldn't know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the symptoms are similar, first replace the fob in your keyless remote. Then replace the brake sensor underneath your brake pedal. These are the two quickest solutions. If you are still having issues after that, then I wouldn't know.
Thank you for your input. I was also wondering if you all were experiencing the car not unlocking during this time as well? Not with the door button, or fob button. I have to unlock the door with the key, and then when I proceed inside, it doesn't recognize the fob to start as you will have explained as well. After a few minutes of spamming the fob buttons/entering & exiting car, then the ignition light recognises the fob and starts.

·
Mazda Fresher
113 Posts
That sounds just like what was happening with my M3GT: issues getting it to lock or unlock, sometimes wouldn’t recognize the fob on start attempts.

A new fob battery cleared this right up for me.

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
After my 2015 Mazda3 with the 2.0 engine sits unused a couple of days, I sometimes have a problem getting it to start. It doesn't seem to acknowledge either of my keys. When I touch the brake the green key light doesn't come on, or if it does it just flashes and goes dark. I try repeatedly to get it to work, including using the dead-key-battery technique of pushing the start buttion with the keyhead, but no go. Only after several attempts of trying several things does the key light suddenly come on and the car starts like it's supposed to. My car battery voltage is good, at 12.7 volts.

Once started, the car doesn't give me any such problems the rest of the day or for several days thereafter.

Does anyone else have this problem and, if so, what fixed it? I would (will) bring it to the dealership, but since it's an intermittent problem and only happens occasionally, I'm likely to get a "We can't replicate the problem" response. I hate to wait until it leaves me somewhere, but I may have to.

I might note that after I agreed to buy the car, the sales crew couldn't get the ignition to work on the showroom floor. Without checking the battery voltage or anything else, they figured someone had left the interior light on and ran the battery down. After they hooked up the battery charger, it started. They thought it was a dead battery. But in retrospect, I bet it was exhibiting my present problem.

I've had this 2015 car for several weeks and love it! My mileage as recorded on Fuelly is at an average of 41.3 mpg during the first 1000 miles. I drive it mostly on longer highway trips. It's a great car in every respect except for the one problem cited above.

Thanks for any help.
I had this issue and it was Avery quick and easy fix by tightening the shifter cable ... it that’s loose then the car doesn’t register if you are in park ! Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Starting issue

I have à similar problem with My Mazda 3 2006.

Starter works usually fine. In some warm days usually when the motor is warm (after 1h or 2h driving) when I park the car and try to start after 10-15 min the car wont start. All of the lamps and indicators are fine but when I try to start nothing happens. In some cases when I tried to start the car after 30 minutes it worked without problem. I have replaced the battery but it did not helped.
Ive seen this happen with a bad alternator on an older rodeo. J didnt think that was it but i replaced alternator as a mechanic friend suggested and problem solved. I was stoked.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts