2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and Mazda in general. Will be getting my M3 in less than a month and the first thing I'm looking to do is upgrade from the stock 16 inchers to 18s. I'm looking at lightweight rims such as Advan, WedsSport and Enkei so that I don't gain too much weight over stock. I also particularly like the concave look so I'm looking at wider wheels, but I'm not sure if they would negatively affect other aspects of the car.

If I want to fit 18x9 or 18x9.5 wheels, would I be able to do so without any rubbing on stock height/suspension and no fender roll or negative camber? If yes, what offsets should I be looking at to make sure the wheel doesn't poke out beyond the fender?

Thanks in advance!

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
No camber and no mods is wishful thinking -- stock wheels are x6.5". That said, the Gen3 cars have extra room compared to the earlier cars. 18x9 +45 is a good bet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Enkei vs WedsSport vs Advan

Yeah 8 or 8.5 do seem more realistic.. Guess I'll stick to something safe then. I'm looking at the following options:

Enkei RSM9

WedsSport SA-15R

WedsSport SA-10R

Advan RG3 (Couldn't find a picture of it on a Gen3 so it's just a wheel pic)

Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated! My car will be white and I am planning to add the OEM bodykit in gloss black, so definitely want the wheels in black to match.

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
SA-10Rs.

Good lord that's an attractive wheel.

Reactions: thelaw

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
Agreed, but I'm leaning more towards the RZ for a 5 dual spoke design
That concavity within the center... ugh.

Yes,please.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rays Gram Lights 57Xtreme CJ Spec 18x7.5 et 40

Thanks for the inputs. I ended up getting a very good deal on the following Rays Gram Lights 57Xtreme CJ Spec from my tire shop. The wheel is gloss black with silver machining around the lip and between the spokes (supposedly to save weight). Here's a pic of it and how it looks on a white car:

They are only 18x7.5 et 40 (I know I started this thread asking about wide wheels). I plan on getting 215/45-18 tires to stick with the OEM dimensions. I decided to play it safe as my parents will probably be driving the car occasionally too. Should not have any issues with rubbing right?

Now to wait for the car to arrive!

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
7.5 +40 will be nice and flush! Nice! I recommend 225/45-18 if you go continental tires as I have 215/45-18 DWS on my 7.5s and they look stretched a tad

Reactions: thelaw

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7.5 +40 will be nice and flush! Nice! I recommend 225/45-18 if you go continental tires as I have 215/45-18 DWS on my 7.5s and they look stretched a tad
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. We don't have a lot of selection for 215/45-18 over here so I'll have to wait for my tire shop to get back to me. I think he mentioned Pirelli P Zero Nero..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts