2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my 2017 CX-5 into the dealer yesterday for an oil change in the Northeast US, and received a "courtesy upgrade" to 70.00.335 which has lead me to this thread. No one asked me if I wanted an upgrade, and obviously when I turned my car on all my previous tweaks had disappeared. So it seems active deployment by Mazda in the US is underway, so beware. Thanks to the developers, I can try to get things back to the way I want it!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hello All! I ask you to respond to my call for help. I am trying to unlock the head unit on a 2015 Mazda Axela to install tweaks. I do everything according to instructions, but I get an error at the stage of using Putty. I created folder XX with tweaks on usb. Please look at the photo, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you friends!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Strange. It worked yesterday with user/jci at my update from .100 to .335. Try cmu/jci as mentioned at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. Are you sure that you use the files (XX folder) from www.mazdatweaks.com/id7? These should be used. Perhaps you use the old ID7v1 files from www.mazdatweaks.com/serial, which might be different and might not work? Is the usb stik with .335 and the XX folder at the same USB stick? And is the usb stick in the cars usb port (do not use the usb port of the notebook/laptop)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Strange. It worked yesterday with user/jci at my update from .100 to .335. Try cmu/jci as mentioned at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. Are you sure that you use the files (XX folder) from www.mazdatweaks.com/id7? These should be used. Perhaps you use the old ID7v1 files from www.mazdatweaks.com/serial, which might be different and might not work? Is the usb stik with .335 and the XX folder at the same USB stick? And is the usb stick in the cars usb port (do not use the usb port of the notebook/laptop)?
There is version 70.00.100. I do not update it so that it would be possible to install navigation. because I don’t have a patch for 335, only 100 for it. yes usb is inserted in the car, the XX folder is created on it and the files for autorun are in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
when using CMU login - the answer is incorrect login.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This thread is about ID7v2 for 70.00.335 ONLY - see www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. If you stay at 70.00.100 & want to do serial access at .100, use the instructions & XX-folder-files from www.mazdatweaks.com/serial.
I wrote here with the hope that here someone has already encountered this problem. It doesn’t matter what version of tweaks you install, the global problem is that the installation path is not suitable and command the simply cannot upload files to the desired addresses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 273405
Hello All! I ask you to respond to my call for help. I am trying to unlock the head unit on a 2015 Mazda Axela to install tweaks. I do everything according to instructions, but I get an error at the stage of using Putty. I created folder XX with tweaks on usb. Please look at the photo, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you friends!
The problem is solved! Thank you so much @Trezdog44 ! For solving the problem!

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Krisstorn : Please share the solution, so that everyone can benefit from it.
It was necessary to create the dev and bin directories. It is in these directories that tweaks files from the XX folder are written. Somehow miraculously, these directories were not on the device. Dear @Trezdog44 suggested what commands this can be done. ( mkdir /mnt/data_persist/dev/; mkdir /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin )
But it was also not easy.
Logging in with the username and password of User / Jci, these commands were not executed. An "access denied" error occurred. It turns out there was no access to root. Only when updating the firmware, through a serial connection, when the text stopped, was it possible to run the command to create the necessary directories and install tweaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Logging in with the username and password of User / Jci, these commands were not executed. An "access denied" error occurred. It turns out there was no access to root. Only when updating the firmware, through a serial connection, when the text stopped, was it possible to run the command to create the necessary directories and install tweaks.
I am in the same situation. The mkdir command fails.(access denied) How can I solve it? What does "text stopped" mean? Log output does not stop.
The device version is 70.00.110. I have a serial connection, and "user" account.(not cmu)
Thanks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Why can´t you? Technically you can update to 70.00.335 (for ID7v2) as often as you want (reinstall .335 over .335 is possible). Stick to the update manual to the word, which you can find here in your region folder (EU=Europe, NA=North America, ADR=Asia,Africa,South America). But its all on your own risk and not recommended by Mazda/dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your reply!
I have a Japanese version. I thought I couldn't update this firmware. I will check the detail of other regional editions.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To be perfectly clear, the "Install ID_7 Recovery Scripts Pack" offered from within the AIO contains the id7 v1 scripts, meant for dealing with pre-59.00.502 to post-59.00.502 or serial connection with 59.00.502 to 70.00.100 correct? And id7 v2 is what is available from the id7 page on mazdatweaks?

Also @Trezdog44, I believe your update link in the original post is broken (at least for me). mazda3revolution.com/threads/id7-recovery-v2.234619/post-2453907 works on my end, sorry for the lack of a link. Seems like the URL fragment identifier in your original isn't working anymore.

·
Registered
627 Posts
To be perfectly clear, the "Install ID_7 Recovery Scripts Pack" offered from within the AIO contains the id7 v1 scripts, meant for dealing with pre-59.00.502 to post-59.00.502 or serial connection with 59.00.502 to 70.00.100 correct? And id7 v2 is what is available from the id7 page on mazdatweaks?
Correct, both.

In the first post of this thread the link after "update" is not working. But as since the new redesign of the forum only allows to edit posts for some hours (24/48?), the link in this old post can not be edited anymore.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts