2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
something to clarify, i'm on id7 in v70.00.021 (forget the actual number)
so if i upgrade to 70.00.335, in order to retain the tweak, i upgrade to id7v2 first follow by update to 335?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nope. You can not install ID7v2 before the update to 70.00.335. You have to do the serial access during/directly after the update to .335 and during the serial access you install ID7v2 - see www.mazdatweaks.com/id7.

...as I already mentioned 5 posts before in post 117. Does nobody reads anymore before posting questions? That sucks.
please pardon me, such important info should be always in the sticky note in order for people who is not active in the forum. this will make things for anyone to read and understand.

lastly most of the explanation is made using window base and for those who are using mac is not clearly clarify as the AIO is available for both OS.

·
Registered
628 Posts
You are right, thats the way it should be. But if you want to have something in the sticky notes, ask the moderators - I do not know how to contact them & its not my job as non-moderator.

Mostly Mac users have a lot of problems, as the MZD was not designed to work with Mac or its formats. Thats why the recommendation is to use a windows system to install firmware or tweaks and to format usb-sticks for these actions, as the Mac most of the time messes the usb-stick`s format up with some hidden files - resulting in unreadable usb-sticks for the MZD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the life of me I can't get anything to paste into Putty. Or type anything for that matter. It's like my laptop keyboard doesn't work (it does). What am I missing?!

Edit: So it seems it was just a matter of turning on "Force on" for the "Local echo" and "Local line editing." Now that I have that taken care of, my new problem is that no commands are going through. I tried what a previous post said to essentially short the tx and rx cables and I do see an output, but once I connect them correctly again, I'm stuck on a solid cursor. Anything I type in and follow with ENTER just gives me a new line.. like I'm sending these commands into the abyss. I've double and triple checked my tx connection since that seems like the obvious culprit, but no luck. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this without having to update to 335 for the 4th time?

·
Registered
116 Posts
For the life of me I can't get anything to paste into Putty. Or type anything for that matter. It's like my laptop keyboard doesn't work (it does). What am I missing?!

Edit: So it seems it was just a matter of turning on "Force on" for the "Local echo" and "Local line editing." Now that I have that taken care of, my new problem is that no commands are going through. I tried what a previous post said to essentially short the tx and rx cables and I do see an output, but once I connect them correctly again, I'm stuck on a solid cursor. Anything I type in and follow with ENTER just gives me a new line.. like I'm sending these commands into the abyss. I've double and triple checked my tx connection since that seems like the obvious culprit, but no luck. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this without having to update to 335 for the 4th time?
Others have found secureCRT to be better to configure than Putty.

All problems eventually devolve down to the connections for Tx and Rx on the CMU; make sure you have 25mm of bare wire pushed fully home so only insulation is showing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone,
Recently a new version of he infotainment system FW v70.00.335-C NA was found to have as part of its update process a highly unnecessary, destructive little script called "neutralizeid7" which DIRECTLY TARGETS ITS USERS BY PREFORMING THE UNDESIRABLE ACTION OF REMOVING THE RECOVERY THAT WE USE TO KEEP OUR SYSTEMS OPEN, CUSTOMIZEABLE AND WELL... OURS!!! This incredibly destructive script once again acts kind of like ransomware without the ransom and it wipes out all the recovery files, not that they would work after the update anyways for even the mechanism that would run those files during system boot time is also removed, and just locks you out so completely even connecting to the serial port will no longer work. As of right now, this new FW is only available online for NA region AFAIK and I haven't heard of anyone being updated to it by their dealership yet so even though I am extremely busy these days I took the time to think about how to stay one step ahead and I rewrote the recovery scripts so that the update will think it removed the recovery but really the new recovery slips them right back in there and will even add the required lines of code back to certain files to make the whole thing work again. Early awareness of all this will help minimize the amount of users that loose access to their systems but THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU INSTALL IT BEFORE UPDATING, IF YOU UPDATE TO V70.00.335+ WITHOUT THIS RECOVERY INSTALLED THERE IS NO CHANCE OF EVER TWEAKING YOUR SYSTEM AGAIN, SERIAL CONNECTION WILL NOT EVEN WORK ANYMORE!

So here is the new ID7_V2 recovery but I need a brave soul to test one thing about it. Insofar as the main functionality of these scripts which is to run the tweaks installer for FW v59.00.502+ it works perfectly and exactly the same as the previous id7 recovery. Also, updating to any FW below v70.00.335 will also work as expected but updating to v70.00.335 is right now untested and that is the part I need someone to confirm for me.
So just to reiterate if you want to install this go ahead, it is safe and works exactly like the old version but unless you are that brave tester I am seeking I would wait to update to v70.00.335+ until the test is confirmed. I will update this post after that happens. UPDATE: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/234619-id7-recovery-v2.html#post2453907
Happy Hacking My Friends,
~Trez
U
This upgrade has only 1 firmware

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did reinstall FW 70.00.335 ADR several ti,e by precisely following ID7/v2 instructions but FW 70.00.335 ADR won't let me to type in any command at the end of firmware installation. The green cursor doesn't blink and CP2012's TX/RX led stop blinking either no matter what I type in on Putty console. Does it mean 335 ADR blocks the serial login, which hasn't been conducted by 336 EU or NA yet.

I have been trying whole day to reinstall 335 many times with no luck. Any advise or suggestion to make my 335 tweak will be highly appreciate.

Today I successfully did it according to the updated manual at https://mazdatweaks.com/id7. I reinstalled FW 70.00.335 EU, as yesterday I tried it with an old manual and it did not work.
View attachment 258007 View attachment 258009 View attachment 258011

@markee89: This is how it should look like after the FW update is done/100% - the green coursor thing is not blinking:
View attachment 258013 View attachment 257997 View attachment 257999 View attachment 258001

Afterwards I installed successfully the semi-transparent parking tweak and checked that serial access works. I tested it using the command "ls -l /tmp/mnt/data_persist/dev/bin" from mazdatweaks.com/serial and it displayed the green and blue lines. I marked them in Putty, that`s why the screenshot is partially white:
View attachment 258003 View attachment 258005

So far I have not tested my complete set of tweaks, but No More Disclaimer Tweak from 2.8.4-1 did not work properly. As requested I sent out the systemApp.js to the email which was mentioned in the tweak install process. Semi-Transparent-Parking-Sensor Tweak from AIO 2.8.4-1 worked fine on FW 70.00.335 EU.

Thanks a lot to @Trezdog44 , @anderml1955 and everyone who contributed to this ID7v2 project!

Question:
So I regained serial access and can install tweaks via USB again. But is there an ID7v2 installation package to use just for USB access, without serial access (and without having to do the serial access while/after the FW update)? I thought to have read about it before, but this seems to be disappeared or I can not find it anymore. If it works, could it please be uploaded somewhere? Or can the package "ID7_Recovery_XX" from mazdatweaks.com/id7 be used for that as well?

·
Registered
628 Posts
As already written via PN, most of the time with this symptom one cable is not connected properly ... just cut more insulation away and push the cables more into the connector. Because it is possible, that one of the cables (input/write) has no connection, but the other (display/show) is connected properly and thats why you see the text fly by and expect that everything should be connected properly, but it is not.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks, Tristan, firstly I will use a digital multi-meter to measure the voltage on both TX and RX pins from CMU to ensure two wires are connected properly and both show 3.3v, because my existing FW is 335 and CMU's serial connectivity is completely lost too

As already written via PN, most of the time with this symptom one cable is not connected properly ... just cut more insulation away and push the cables more into the connector. Because it is possible, that one of the cables (input/write) has no connection, but the other (display/show) is connected properly and thats why you see the text fly by and expect that everything should be connected properly, but it is not.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It turns out to be the broken cp2102 by using loopback test. Its TXD LED is always on even no data is transited from USB port. Will get another cp2012 and try again later.

Thanks, Tristan, firstly I will use a digital multi-meter to measure the voltage on both TX and RX pins from CMU to ensure two wires are connected properly and both show 3.3v, because my existing FW is 335 and CMU's serial connectivity is completely lost too

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi
I updated my car to V70.00.335 after that I tried to install autorun recovery and I used
" user " and " jci " as username and password but the message show "login incorrect",
I downgraded the Cmu to 59.00.504 the same message is show again, what is problem?
please help

·
Pretty Cool Dude
281 Posts
hi
I updated my car to V70.00.335 after that I tried to install autorun recovery and I used
" user " and " jci " as username and password but the message show "login incorrect",
I downgraded the Cmu to 59.00.504 the same message is show again, what is problem?
please help
Did you install ID7 tweak first?

Are you following https://mazdatweaks.com/id7/? Did you try using login:pass of cmu:jci?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok an update. My serial adapter failed the loopback test so I exchanged it and verified the new one passes (thanks joe_wang).

I re-updated to 335 following all the v2 steps to the letter. When the update finishes and the text stops completely, I paste in the cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun command and, again, nothing happens. No feedback, no sign that it's being transmitted at all. The only thing I can do is turn off/on ACC to complete the update (without AIO). I've tried a flash drive of tweaks just in case it somehow went through, but the flash drive is only recognized--the AIO popup never appears.

I'm hoping this sounds familiar to someone on here and they could help me out. I don't know if it's as simple as turning on "keepalives" or if it's something else entirely. Quite frustrating to say the least!

121 - 140 of 182 Posts