2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

361 - 372 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, I've uninstalled it and seems to be faster.
I'll try to reinstall flagging "apps to resources" and let's see...

I have another issue now... 🤦🏼‍♂️
The stock navigator is working properly but, for example, Waze is turned by 180° and it ain't so funny, since I prefer that to Google Maps (that, if I'm not wrong, seems to work fine).
I don't remember if there's a way to correct this issue with the tweaks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ok, I've uninstalled it and seems to be faster.
I'll try to reinstall flagging "apps to resources" and let's see...

I have another issue now... 🤦🏼‍♂️
The stock navigator is working properly but, for example, Waze is turned by 180° and it ain't so funny, since I prefer that to Google Maps (that, if I'm not wrong, seems to work fine).
I don't remember if there's a way to correct this issue with the tweaks.
@asilorepublic
Edit headunit.json file change the line
Before:
"reverseGPS": false,
After:
"reverseGPS": true,
Save and reinstall AA Tru_go v1.15

I changed the cables and have the original Android Auto.
Is the same?
yes. Edit the file of AA Tru_go v1.15 and reinstall it. Hopefully waze gps will be fixed. Report back.

Regards,
Radarwild

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've checked and I can confirm: stock navigator is working properly, Google maps same, Waze is turned 180°.
I've installed the official Mazda retrofit kit, so I'm using the official Android Auto, without tweaks.

That sounds strange... 😅

·
Registered
17 Posts
I solved the problem: maybe the issue was given by the installation of the speedometer, so I reinstalled again the whole firmware and now it's working properly.
I reinstalled just a bunch of tweaks (without it) but I'm not sure about the touchscreen tweak, because there's an option about compass that I don't understand what's for, so for the moment I didn't install that specific one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have another question: do you know the specs of the usb ports in the retrofit kit?
Because I thought they were usb 3.0 but when I plugged a usb 3.0 pen drive the system didn't read it, in any of the two ports.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Here is the official data (source link):
usb anschlüsse leistung originale.JPG

All ports are only USB 2.0.

All ports work with USB 3.0 drives in general (I tested 3 USB 3.0 drives myself), but they only run with USB 2.0 speed. So the downwards compatibility from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 of the USB drive is used. If the USB 3.0 drive is not being recognized, then try another one. That a USB drive can not be recognized is also possible with USB 2.0 drives as well, so this is not a problem of USB 3.0 drives only. There are no details known, why some USB drives are recognized and others are not. You have to use trial and error.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really can't understand what's going on between tweaks and Waze on the official Android auto...
I re-installed the firmware to clear everything on the CMU, went out for 5 mins to try it out and Waze was working properly.
Then I installed the following tweaks: no more disclaimer, reverse camera safety warning, no more beeps, fuel consumption tweak.
Now Waze is rotated by 180° again. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
North American MZD firmware update 74.00.230 NA is released. It is the official update for 70.00.367 (and for 74.00.200, which was available as from factory install at new CMUs only and not as update file). Details here: Mazda CP/Android Auto Install Instructions, Firmware...

I tested at my bench CMU (not in the car), if ID7v2 works at 74.00.230 NA: Unfortunately it does not work - same as for 70.00.367.

Edit/Addition:
A downgrade to 70.00.352 EU was possible, but ID7v2 did not work directly after the downgrade - see error messages (not the usual ones):
putty - error messages at downgrade from 74.00.230 NA to 70.00.352 EU when trying ID7v2.JPG

361 - 372 of 372 Posts