2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I upgraded my Firmware in my Yaris (Mazda 2) from 59.??? (Can't remember which version it was) to 70.00.335. I did not have any tweaks or anything installed prior to upgrading. Just to make sure I understand how to do the ID7 process, are these steps correct? If I re-install .335 on top of itself and follow these steps I will be able to install tweaks? Is there any good reason to upgrade to .552 while I'm at it?

1. Connect serial adapter using instructions on Mazdatweaks.
2. Set up serial connection using these steps:
  1. Windows will auto-assign a COM Port to the CP2102 module once its plugged in. Go to Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) to see what the COM Port # is
    • For SecureCRT, under Options > Connection > Serial, set Port = COM#, Baud = 115200, Data Bits = 8, Parity = None, Stop Bits = 1
    • For Putty, you just need to select ‘Serial’ and then enter the COM Port # and set Baud to 115200
  2. You should start see text scroll by even if the car is off
I can ignore everything else on the Serial Connection page on Madzatweaks and follow the instructions from ID7 Recovery v2 at this point correct?

EDIT: When connecting the wires to the CMU, do you basically just jam them into the holes on the existing wiring harness? Doesn't seem like it would make a great connection...

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I upgraded my Firmware in my Yaris (Mazda 2) from 59.??? (Can't remember which version it was) to 70.00.335. I did not have any tweaks or anything installed prior to upgrading. Just to make sure I understand how to do the ID7 process, are these steps correct? If I re-install .335 on top of itself and follow these steps I will be able to install tweaks? Is there any good reason to upgrade to .552 while I'm at it?

1. Connect serial adapter using instructions on Mazdatweaks.
2. Set up serial connection using these steps:
  1. Windows will auto-assign a COM Port to the CP2102 module once its plugged in. Go to Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) to see what the COM Port # is
    • For SecureCRT, under Options > Connection > Serial, set Port = COM#, Baud = 115200, Data Bits = 8, Parity = None, Stop Bits = 1
    • For Putty, you just need to select ‘Serial’ and then enter the COM Port # and set Baud to 115200
  2. You should start see text scroll by even if the car is off
I can ignore everything else on Serial Connection and follow instructions from ID7 Recovery v2 at this point correct?

Thanks!
Yes correct. Just make sure you follow the firmware install instructions very carefully and you should be fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes correct. Just make sure you follow the firmware install instructions very carefully and you should be fine.
Thanks, I'm not worried about the Firmware install, I did it once already and it's fairly straight forward as long as you don't let the car turn off! Was just making sure I had the steps right for the serial connection and ID7...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
@tms2010 : Correct, thats the way to do it. If you do not want to jam in the wires (or solder them to the platine of the CMU, which is the other way to do it), you could use some crimp terminals - in the following thread I described which ones to use and how to get them: CMU Connectors

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
@tms2010 : Correct, thats the way to do it. If you do not want to jam in the wires (or solder them to the platine of the CMU, which is the other way to do it), you could use some crimp terminals - in the following thread I described which ones to use and how to get them: CMU Connectors
Just read through that thread, and don't understand any of it! lol Of course it is 5:30AM lol. Does jamming the wires in the holes in the harness work well enough?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
If you strip the wires long enough and do it correctly, it shall work - for many it did. But this also is one of the main problems - that the wires are not stripped long enough or not put in long enough, so that there is no connection.

What is described in the CMU Connector thread: Instead of putting the bare wire in the connector, you could crimp a terminal at the end of the wire to get a proper connection (like a wire/terminal in a connector): Link to terminal, Link to crimp ratchet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm going to do this next week, finally...
Since I'm not understanding too much from the 2 web pages, what I have to do is:
  • configurate the serial connection via putty
  • put the firmware and the xx folder in the same usb root
  • launch the update
  • write that command line at the end
  • try to see if tweaks are working again

Just this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since I'm not understanding too much from the 2 web pages, what I have to do is:
  • launch the update

Just this?
Yep, that should work, though I haven’t done it yet. Glad I’m not the only one who was a bit confused by the two pages on Mazdatweaks. Lol.
It makes sense now that I understand what is happening, you can ignore all the extra steps on the serial connection page, because the ID7 process basically lets you tap into the installer while it’s running so you have root access automatically.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@tms2010 : Search for the thread with 70.00.352 NA in the title... there you most probably will find a changelog/whats new with this version.
Doesn’t seem worth it. I notice you said in that thread that enabling the touch screen doesn’t work with Android Auto in version 70+ is that just AA? Does it work with CarPlay and the rest of the radio in general?

·
Registered
17 Posts
  • launch the update

Just this?
DONE!!!!
Thanks everyone for the help!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have just one problem after having some tweaks installed: the system is very slow.
When I navigate into the USB with the music, stops really way too often to load the next stuff, and even when I open a folder it takes a lot of time to load the content.
This is really really not funny.
Is there a way to solve the problem?
I didn't install so many tweaks, just a bunch: touchscreen while moving, no disclaimer, camera warning, list loop, speedometer & fuel consumption.
There can be a difference if I install them on root or on resources?

341 - 360 of 372 Posts