2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

321 - 340 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
20 Posts
If it is as simple as downgrading and then installing AIO tweaks,
Why not downgrade from 70.00.367 straight to 70.00.100?
Then no serial cable is required and can install AIO tweaks from usb right?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It is not that simple and does not work this way.
When you simply downgrade from 70.00.367 to 70.00.100 you can NOT install any tweak via USB.

Explanation:
From 59.00.502 onwards/and higher Mazda blocked the installation of tweaks via USB.
If you installed Autorun/ID7 tweak at a lower version and then updated to 59.00.502 (up to/including 70.00.100) you still were able to install tweaks via USB (Autorun/ID7 remained at the CMU).
If you already had 59.00.502-70.00.100 you had to do the serial access: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial

From 70.00.335 onwards (so also .352 and .367) all tweaks including Autorun/ID7 get deleted at every update/downgrade. So this update deleted the Autorun/ID7, you perviously might have had (trough installation or via serial acces). If you want to install AIO tweaks via USB to .335 or .352 you have to do the ID7v2 serial process: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. For .367 there is no way published how to install tweaks via usb - so this is not possible at all so far.

So if you downgrade from .367 to .100 you still have to do the old serial access - in theory. I tried it and it did not work. BUT if you use the ID7v2 process (with the old ID7 files) at this downgrade from .367 to .100 (so paste the commands directly after the installation of .100 reinstall file has finished) it works and you can install tweaks afterwards to .100. But then there is no reason in downgrading to .100 instead of to .352, which has more bugs fixed and also can be used with ID7v2.

So my recommendation if you are at .367 and really want to take the risk (every update/downgrade is a risk of bricking the CMU), do the downgrade to .352 and use the ID7v2 process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Correct. After step 24, when you see the screen of step 25 in the MZD display. Then you have to copy/paste the command. In Putty is written "...waiting for ACC cycle..." and the text stopped flying by. Example pictures (not taken from one single attempt):
View attachment 280870
Then copy/paste the command and hit enter:
View attachment 280871
Then some error messages show up - do not care about them. Simply wait for approx. one minute until the "/ #" and a green square show up:
View attachment 280872
Then you can turn off the ACC, turn it back on (or the engine) and try to install any AIO tweak via USB.
So I've hit a snag and since this is my first time taking on this task perhaps I missed something. So far i've successfully downgraded from .367 NA (which was the version installed when I bought the car) to .352 NA. I've done this several times in attempts to get AIO Tweaks to install. I've successfully connected to the CMU, i have putty up and running and after step 24, I can copy and past the code.
cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun

All appears to go well. I do get a bunch of error messages which are expected I'm told. The screen returns to the /# prompt and I can run the optional ls -l /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin to see what looks like the required XX folders/files that were copied to the CMU. Up to this point nothing ever appears to go wrong.

So I continue through the Upgrade doc picking up at #25. After all is complete, no other drives outside of SD for NAV plugged in at this point, I switch to ACC and I insert the drive containing the AIO Tweaks. I'll notice the popup that shows it recognized the USB drive, but nothing ever appears relating to AIO tweaks. I've waited up to 30 mins and never get a popup that it tries to do an autorun of the AIO tweak drive. When compiling the drive, it always appears to go well and I know the drive works as I've tried several with the last resort being the same drive containing the Firmware update and XX files. Not sure where to go from here? Any suggestions are appreciated...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Just an idea: When pasting the command after step 24, the XX folder containing the ID7v2 autorun files from www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 should be at the usb stick with the firmware. Was the XX folder at the usb stick (which had to be inserted in the car`s front usb slot) when pasting the command?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just an idea: When pasting the command after step 24, the XX folder containing the ID7v2 autorun files from www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 should be at the usb stick with the firmware. Was the XX folder at the usb stick (which had to be inserted in the car`s front usb slot) when pasting the command?
The USB with the firmware also included the ID7v2 files in the XX folder on the same drive. Essentially the USB root drive had the firmware file and the XX folder. The only thing not on the drive at that time was the AIO tweak files, which i would insert after the completion of the upgrade pdf.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Then you did everything as I would have done it... have you checked that inside the XX folder are the files - they should be (and not in a subfolder of XX named XX - so the files should not be in /XX/XX)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Then you did everything as I would have done it... have you checked that inside the XX folder are the files - they should be (and not in a sub folder of XX named XX - so the files should not be in /XX/XX)?
I double checked and all looked correct. The only odd thing i even half noticed were a lot of error lines during the copy/paste of the command as it executed which only took a few seconds. I say a lot because it was probably 20 lines of errors as apposed to the few I've seen in your screenshot. The first 5 give or take lines were exactly like what i saw posted. The remaining lines referenced some SSH paths that did not exist. Many of them looked to be duplicates or very similar but my attempts always it always ended at the /# like others have stated, so i thought i was in the clear to just ignore the errors as stated. Maybe this had something to do with it? I don't have the Apple carplay cables installed just yet but i doubt that has anything to do with it.

I do this kind of stuff all the time on my other cars and frequently use putty and other terminal programs at work... so I'm just as baffled as you. I'm heading on a trip this week so I'm going to try and process it. Otherwise, I'll keep an eye on the message boards and see how things develop with 70.00.352+ firmware. I hate to go lower than that if i don't have to.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I double checked and all looked correct. The only odd thing i even half noticed were a lot of error lines during the copy/paste of the command as it executed which only took a few seconds. I say a lot because it was probably 20 lines of errors as apposed to the few I've seen in your screenshot. The first 5 give or take lines were exactly like what i saw posted. The remaining lines referenced some SSH paths that did not exist. Many of them looked to be duplicates or very similar but my attempts always it always ended at the /# like others have stated, so i thought i was in the clear to just ignore the errors as stated. Maybe this had something to do with it? I don't have the Apple carplay cables installed just yet but i doubt that has anything to do with it.

I do this kind of stuff all the time on my other cars and frequently use putty and other terminal programs at work... so I'm just as baffled as you. I'm heading on a trip this week so I'm going to try and process it. Otherwise, I'll keep an eye on the message boards and see how things develop with 70.00.352+ firmware. I hate to go lower than that if i don't have to.
@MMA_XML show a clear image of what's missing when you run the script id7v2 command...it is likely directories are not made/existed or files in those folders are corrupted. Make sure sd_nav is not inserted and no other usb is connected except your installation package and the XX folder (1 x usb stick only).
Do the following and report back after end of fw70.00.352 re-update installation (Serial access monitor progress) before cmu reboot. Copy/paste of the commands below, do one by one and hit enter/execute. Once all codes applied wait for the prompt "/#" then reboot your cmu. You should be able to sucessfully install tweaks afterwards. Let us know how you go.

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /
Code:
rm -rf /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/*
Code:
mkdir /mnt/data_persist/dev/; mkdir /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin;
Code:
cd /etc
Code:
mkdir ssh
Code:
cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun

·
Registered
4 Posts
@MMA_XML show a clear image of what's missing when you run the script id7v2 command...it is likely directories are not made/existed or files in those folders are corrupted. Make sure sd_nav is not inserted and no other usb is connected except your installation package and the XX folder (1 x usb stick only).
Do the following and report back after end of fw70.00.352 re-update installation (Serial access monitor progress) before cmu reboot. Copy/paste of the commands below, do one by one and hit enter/execute. Once all codes applied wait for the prompt "/#" then reboot your cmu. You should be able to sucessfully install tweaks afterwards. Let us know how you go.

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /
Code:
rm -rf /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/*
Code:
mkdir /mnt/data_persist/dev/; mkdir /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin;
Code:
cd /etc
Code:
mkdir ssh
Code:
thanks for the input, I’ll tackle this next week when I return from vacation. I definitely had nav and all other drives unplugged so that wasn’t it. I’ll redo and screen capture my results of the output.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi @Trezdog44 and everybody!
I have some confused need all yours help!
I try to read and write to localstorage (webstorage) run on cmu, but may be it support read action only... i try to write a test file with js to read and update checkbox states (is checked or not) to localstorage but after turn acc off and turn acc on, all states of checkbox i write to localstorage are gone....
Do you know how to do that?
Thank and best regards to all of you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good evening everybody.
I've read some of the posts here and I expose you my problem.

I got a Fiat 124 Spider, the sister of MX-5.
I did by myself the 70.00.100 firmware installing before it the ID7, so I could bring back the Fiat logo, names and nav.
Today I went to the Mazda service to have the hardware installed, saying almost a thousand time not to update the software.
I told that to them so many times that they wrote it also on the work sheet.
And what did they do?
They updated the firmware to version 70.00.367, so now I have a Mazda branded car with no possibility of tweaking and also no stock navigator working, so they caused me a huge damage.

I downgraded to 70.00.100 successfully but now the tweaking via USB isn’t possible anymore.
I've read on this topic that the suggested thing to do is to have the serial connection and upgrade to the .352 and gaining back the access with ID7v2.
Is that correct?
@Tristan-cx5 tell me if I'm wrong.
Because, of course, is service's fault, so they will have to disassemble the dash again and give me all the stuff to do the procedure.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good evening everybody.
I've read some of the posts here and I expose you my problem.

I got a Fiat 124 Spider, the sister of MX-5.
I did by myself the 70.00.100 firmware installing before it the ID7, so I could bring back the Fiat logo, names and nav.
Today I went to the Mazda service to have the hardware installed, saying almost a thousand time not to update the software.
I told that to them so many times that they wrote it also on the work sheet.
And what did they do?
They updated the firmware to version 70.00.367, so now I have a Mazda branded car with no possibility of tweaking and also no stock navigator working, so they caused me a huge damage.

I downgraded to 70.00.100 successfully but now the tweaking via USB isn’t possible anymore.
I've read on this topic that the suggested thing to do is to have the serial connection and upgrade to the .352 and gaining back the access with ID7v2.
Is that correct?
@Tristan-cx5 tell me if I'm wrong.
Because, of course, is service's fault, so they will have to disassemble the dash again and give me all the stuff to do the procedure.
@asilorepublic
You need to remove all the trim yourself and upgrade to fw70.00.352 (fat32 usb =< 64GB).
Apply ID7v2 at the end of the update before rebooting the cmu otherwise autorun recovery method will not work. Run these procedures -->> ID7 Recovery v2 report back how you do.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Update to .352 with ID7v2 should work as well. After a downgrade to .100 afterwards the autorun files remain and you have the desired firmware version... or you do the ID7v2 process with 70.00.100 after the install of the .100 reinstall file.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update to .352 with ID7v2 should work as well. After a downgrade to .100 afterwards the autorun files remain and you have the desired firmware version... or you do the ID7v2 process with 70.00.100 after the install of the .100 reinstall file.
Sorry but I didn't understand the part "After a downgrade to .100 afterwards the autorun files remain and you have the desired firmware version... "
Of course nothing is possible anymore just via usb, right?
I have to gain back the access only with the serial method, correct?

And you might be interested in these posts/info: AIO Tweaks and Firmware Ver .502- READ THIS
Uh, nice to know...
So to preserve the possibility to have a different logo at the startup the only way seems to be to install the .100 version

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Correct. Only via serial access you will be able to install tweaks via usb again. There are two processes:
ID7: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial for 59.00.502-70.00.100
ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 für 70.00.335 and 70.00.352
But when downgrading from .367 to .100 the ID7 might not work at .100 so I suggested to do the ID7v2 at .100. OR downgrade to .352, do the ID7v2 and then downgrade to.100.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, perfect. Now it's clear.
I've already downgraded to .100 so I'll try with it and ID7v2.
Since I have already installed that version, do you think it's better to do again from the beginning the whole update procedure or maybe just the bigger file?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just to update...
I got back to the Mazda service and the guy that made the work told that when he installed the hardware part the sfotware didn't have Apple Car Play and Andoid Audio in the app list, so he updated the software to .367.
I told him that since not touching the software was a precise and clear request he should have made me a phone call to explain this problem and then we would have figured it out (first of all trying to reinstall .100 version).
Anyway we reached an agreement: I'll buy the stuff that is needed for doing the serial connection, then I'll go back there, they'll disassemble the dash, I do the ID7v2 installation via serial connection, reinstall .100 software version and then, after checking that tweaking via usb is possible again, they will reassemble back the dash.
I've seen that using the serial connection it's more complicated that doing everything via usb and it's something I never did. Hope everthing will work properly, otherwise they will have caused me a huge damage, with a Fiat rebranded into a Mazda and the navigation not working.
I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just to update...
I got back to the Mazda service and the guy that made the work told that when he installed the hardware part the sfotware didn't have Apple Car Play and Andoid Audio in the app list, so he updated the software to .367.
I told him that since not touching the software was a precise and clear request he should have made me a phone call to explain this problem and then we would have figured it out (first of all trying to reinstall .100 version).
Anyway we reached an agreement: I'll buy the stuff that is needed for doing the serial connection, then I'll go back there, they'll disassemble the dash, I do the ID7v2 installation via serial connection, reinstall .100 software version and then, after checking that tweaking via usb is possible again, they will reassemble back the dash.
I've seen that using the serial connection it's more complicated that doing everything via usb and it's something I never did. Hope everthing will work properly, otherwise they will have caused me a huge damage, with a Fiat rebranded into a Mazda and the navigation not working.
I'll keep you updated.
@asilorepublic
Next time if you bring your car in for a service remember to put gaffer tape over your usb slots and attach a sticky note on top to warn them "not to upgrade/touch software!!".
At this stage:
Mazda service and the guy that made the work told that when he installed the hardware part the software didn't have Apple Car Play and Andoid Audio in the app list, so he updated the software to .367.
official mazda AA/CP is actually working and appears in the applications menu but its just greyed/disabled at this point because you had unofficial AA installed. Only one will function, can not have both as there is conflicts in the audio codes; it can not be shared. So you just needed to uninstall your AA tweaks and the official mazda AA will be enabled and works as normal on the next reboot. Official AA will be without touch enabled, no google/waze maps turn-by-turn and street names information on HUD module when navigating, no button features/short cut, no panoramic/split screen view..etc.

Regards,
Radarwild

321 - 340 of 372 Posts