2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

301 - 302 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats shown in the video might work for 2 File Firmware (up to/including 70.00.100), but I think anhnga mentioned, that the SPI NOR chip can not be used to fix problems with the 1 File Firmware (70.00.335 and higher).
I hear what you're saying, but from an electronics standpoint, I don't see why being on a 1 file firmware would prevent the SPI NOR chip hack from working. As long as the 335 firmware supports the "recovery mode" that's shown in the video after you flash the SPI NOR chip, then I would think this would still work. Just my opinion though.

All you're doing is changing the specific memory address of the chip to a value that gets it back into the recovery mode. Perhaps the latest version of firmware doesn't use that chip at all? That's possible, I just dont see why Mazda would get rid of the recovery mode from one version of FW to the next.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I hear what you're saying, but from an electronics standpoint, I don't see why being on a 1 file firmware would prevent the SPI NOR chip hack from working. As long as the 335 firmware supports the "recovery mode" that's shown in the video after you flash the SPI NOR chip, then I would think this would still work. Just my opinion though.

All you're doing is changing the specific memory address of the chip to a value that gets it back into the recovery mode. Perhaps the latest version of firmware doesn't use that chip at all? That's possible, I just dont see why Mazda would get rid of the recovery mode from one version of FW to the next.
If you want to understand clearly, you can give a shot by your self... You can do upgrade your CMU to 70.00.367 successful, and then you try to downgrade your CMU firmware version to 70.00.335 or lower like 70.00.100, but in 99% downgrade process, you need to make interrupt of process.... At this point, you can use your menthod which you mentioned above post and tell us the result, please...
I try all the way i know to recover my friend's CMU bricked with downgrade process from 70.00.367 to 70.00.335, but not successful...
Thank.
Best regards.

301 - 302 of 302 Posts