2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just started looking at this so I'm not familiar with when the fail-safe FS is mounted and run, but the change below looks like it would disable the ability to login via the serial terminal.

The 00000000.dat file under fail-safe for .335C NA and .367A NA shows only one significant difference:

.335C NA
# LAUNCH DEBUG SHELL HERE
/usr/bin/rungetty_shell &

.337A NA
# /usr/bin/rungetty_shell &

·
Pretty Cool Dude
323 Posts
I just started looking at this so I'm not familiar with when the fail-safe FS is mounted and run, but the change below looks like it would disable the ability to login via the serial terminal.

The 00000000.dat file under fail-safe for .335C NA and .367A NA shows only one significant difference:

.335C NA
/usr/bin/rungetty_shell &

.337A NA
# /usr/bin/rungetty_shell &
How did you view contents of the .dat file?

·
Pretty Cool Dude
323 Posts
Thanks for letting me know. Looks like you're completely right and that is the culprit.

For reference for everyone, here is what /usr/bin/getty_shell contains

Bash:
#!/bin/sh

while [ true ]
do
    $(setsid /bin/cttyhack /sbin/getty -n -l /bin/sh -L 115200 /dev/console vt100)
    wait $!
done

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Could we just use another value instead of 115200 for the serial connection?
Edit: Answered it myself: I tested - it is not a solution. Putty shows me this unreadable output when using 56700 or 38400 baud:

Edit: I am not a developer, but I can google and found these two links telling something about "job control turned off" with a similar code ("/sbin/getty -n -l /bin/sh 115200 /dev/console vt100") ... perhaps that helps to create a workaround?

And here are some screenshots of how the console it is not accepting any input after the update to .367. After each command/input I pressed enter/return, but nothing happened other than the cursor going to the next row. 2nd picture: Even after unplugging the usb stick and putting it back in (and hence some action in the console), there was no other input possible.
367 no input in console.JPG 367 - also no input console after unplugging the usb device which generated code.JPG

I let the SSH connection via WinSCP open during FW update from .335 (with ID7v2 & SSH tweak) to .367, but SSH connection was closed (as expected) during or at the end of the FW update (I did not look properly when it happened).

·
Registered
4 Posts
The problem here is that by commenting out the line "/usr/bin/rungetty_shell & " now there nothing is "listening" on the serial port to accept input. The serial port is still being used as the system console for kernel messages, but that is strictly for output.

The 115200 value is the "baud rate" and it determines how fast the serial port operates at. When you connect using PuTYT or some other terminal emulator, you have to configure your settings to match what the serial port is using, which is 115200 in this case and that's controlled by the firmware. If the two sides don't match, then you get gibberish or nothing at all...as you found out.

Seems like what we need is a way to either un-comment that line or start getty on the serial port some other way.
Is it possible to modify "main_instructions.ini" in the .up file to include an additional "Execution" step that would start getty again after fail-safe runs? That would require unpacking, modifying, and repacking the .up file, and I see some .pem files so that makes me think that maybe the .up file contents are signed to prevent or detect modification.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lo siento, no sé si este es el foro correcto para mi pregunta, tengo la versión 70.00.100 NA, en un Mazda CX-3 2017 descargué los mapas hiDrive pero no funcionó, hay que hacer algo más al respecto para que funcione el gps. Use la versión BHP166EZ1H_HMNA2016Q4. No sé si es un problema porque no es la versión correcta o si hay algo más que hacer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Gusbar: Please write in english !!! The language of the forum is english!
Sorry, I do not know if it is the correct forum for my question, I have version 70.00.100 NA, in a Mazda CX-3 2017 download the hiDrive maps but it did not work, you have to do something more about it for the gps to work. Use version BHP166EZ1H_HMNA2016Q4. I don't know if it is a problem because it is not the correct version or if there is something else to do.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
This is the wrong thread for this question. It would have been better to post this Navigation related question in a navigation thread.

Short answer is (as far as I know), that the maps from the hidrive server can not be used on its own. They do not work if you download them and try to get them running on their own. You have to have a working license from your bought Navigation SD. I guess you have to buy a Navigation SD from Mazda or some other dealer (cheaper at ebay, but might not be legal).

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is the wrong thread for this question. It would have been better to post this Navigation related question in a navigation thread.

Short answer is (as far as I know), that the maps from the hidrive server can not be used on its own. They do not work if you download them and try to get them running on their own. You have to have a working license from your bought Navigation SD. I guess you have to buy a Navigation SD from Mazda or some other dealer (cheaper at ebay, but might not be legal).
Thanks for your answer, what happens that in other forums nobody answered the question. Greetings .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, What I've done wrong and how could i install AIO tweaks. My FW was 56.00.512 EU N. I've installed id7 recovery using AIO:

then checked installation using Dryrun Script. autorun activated appear and after while installation recovery dialog poped and unit restarted then i pull out usb stick.
After that I instaledd aio tweaks with that configuration:

and checked id7 again using dryrun.
After that I've upgraded firmware to to 59.00.545 EU.
After that my speedometer dissapeared. When i connect usb stick with tweaks nothing happens. When I connected stick with drytest autorun activated dialog pops but second dialog with installation message dont. What can i Do to install that tweaks now. I though that recovery scripts runs automatically or maybe i should activate them somehow.

Sorry for bother you. I found tahat everything working fine when I rename tweaks.sh to run.sh and I was installing id7 v1 with AIO not v2 so its wrong place for this post.

261 - 272 of 272 Posts