2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, I dont had any ground wire connected..I followed this guy tutorial Youtube and i did not see, he used any ground wire connecting ,maybe that is the problem.. I will try again in the weekend..thanks

Im very confused with that steps, bc after I installed Putty, I put ''115200'' and open and I get the error thing..
my pc does not ask me to install any driver and tell me if i have to install the driver where you finds it,
where is the Ports (COM & LPT) on device Manager ?
it is difficult to install pl2303 driver for Windows 10 so I recommend cp2102

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have 335 installed with id7v2 serial performed and tweaks working. Do I need to run id7v2 everytime I update?
So if I want to update to 352, do I need to run id7v2 afterwards to make tweaks work?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Interesting. That post is just vague enough to read that serial access at the end of. 352 is not available .... or not. I guess it is possible the update process is not running from the open serial port. I'll have to pull out my bench system at some point and see. The updates in. 352 do not impact me so I have not had much incentive to test it.
Would have been nice to have a screen shot of the serial terminal at the end of the. 352 update to see the commands and if a terminal prompt or logon prompt is presented when entering return. Or maybe they now do a forced reboot instead of ending at the terminal prompt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@anderml1955 @Trezdog44 I'd like to create bench system as you guys already have so I can test stuff without going to car. Is there any topic or any instructions how to prepare this bench system? If so could you share more info :)?

·
Registered
309 Posts
@anderml1955 @Trezdog44 I'd like to create bench system as you guys already have so I can test stuff without going to car. Is there any topic or any instructions how to prepare this bench system? If so could you share more info :)?
I just put something together using Mazda wiring diagrams. You will need at a minimum:
2 amp 12VDC power supply
CMU & Display
Multi-function commander control
AUX Hub Module original
AUX Hub Module (CP/AA version) & cables
USB serial module to connect for installing ID7 etc.

All this will get you is a basic CMU that will boot and allow you to up/down grade firmware and install hacks. Since there are no other car modules on the CANBUS (ECU/TAU/Etc.) not much will work or even display - radio, speed/temperature signals, NAV etc. The AIO speedometer will display but all the signals will be default without live CANBUS data.

You can order these from a number of places - ebay, Chinese markets, auto parts houses or salvage them from junk cars. Getting them from a junk yard also lets you salvage the cables and connectors.

I just used jumpers to connect all mine as I do a lot of electronics hobby work. Not having the car harnesses and original hub USB cable makes it a bit harder and requires some familiarity reading Mazda wiring diagrams and connector signal understanding. There are not many power or signal wires between the CMU/Hub/Commander.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just connect your serial cable and reinstall 335 over the existing firmware and install the ID7v2 using directions - ID7 Recovery v2
I don't know how to edit my post, I apologize. I am extremely happy to report a success. I reinstalled the .335c version I installed previously and ran through the ID7v2 stuff when it was done. Then, after confirming I could reboot/login with cmu/jci, I reinstalled 59.00.546 and, when rebooting, confirmed cmu/jci still worked. I was able to successfully install my tweaks and get AA running again. Thank you for saving me $200 plus all the labor of installing the official version of AA! I may end up doing it anyway eventually, but at least now I can have it in the meantime, and I can reinstall my tweaks with 70.xx when/if I go the official route as well. You're awesome @anderml1955 !

You guys are amazing. I updated to the latest and lost root and tweak access. The user/pass combinations didn't work.

I followed these steps exactly and I'm back baby! Thanks very much guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had previously installed 352 on my son's vehicle (2015 Mazda3) while upgrading to the new hub in order to enable Carplay. After that upgrade, we realized that we wanted to have the touchscreen enabled always. So I followed the ID7 Recovery V2 instructions exactly, and was able to reinstall 352, then make the mods via the serial connection, and then install the AIO touchscreen tweak. I wanted to share my experience with 352 as this may be helpful to others. Also, I want to thank the contributors here for the awesome info and work they have done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. Thanks for great info and troubleshooting tips. And thanks Tristan for feedback. I am running into an issue after firmware update and ID7 Recovery v2 install where AIO Tweak Installer is not shown yet on the Infotainment screen.

Little background and what I did:
2015 Mazda 3 SGT with AA/CP kit installed and no AIO tweaks installed before.
Purchased Elegoo EL-CP-004 ribbon jumper wires and Qunqi CP2102
(From previous threads - important to cut the jumper pin out, and strip about 1” bare wire so it can be inserted into the CMU connector - thank you for the tip!)

Downloaded cmu150_NA.70.00.352B_update.up from HiDrive (Odd that the folder says 70.00.335C even though it is 70.00.352B file!)
Downloaded ID7 Recovery v2 from ID7 Recovery v2, ID7 Recovery XX link.
Formatted two USB sticks as FAT32 on Windows 10: one for firmware update/ID7 Recovery V2 and 2nd stick for AIO Tweaks Installer and configuration settings.

Connected TX/RX/GND wires to CMU with USB to Serial converter and access using Putty (Saw red and blue LED lights as confirmation)
Followed the MZD Connect CMU Software Update Procedure Worldwide notes and 70.00.352 installed successfully.
Ran the “cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/*…” command from mazatweaks.com/id7, saw the error messages, wait couple of minutes and reboot.
Plug in USB stick that has AIO Tweak Installer and configuration files. Wait for few minutes but don’t see the MZD-AIO-TI message on Infotainment display.
Reinstalled 70.00.325B firmware again with USB-Serial converter connected to run the command line.
Turn off and on the car, plug into AIO Tweak Installer USB. Did that several times. Same issue: Don’t see MZD-AIO-TI installation options on the screen.

For reference, attached to this thread is the command line results when I ran the “cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/*…”
Questions:
1) Are any of the steps I did was wrong, missing, or in wrong sequence?
2) Any troubleshooting steps to try?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
This took me a few tries I think my TX wire was loose the first time but I got it working tonight. Wish they could get AIO AA working on 70+

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Just as info: Yesterday I updated successfully from 70.00.335 EU (ID7v2) to the new 70.00.352 EU and also successfully did the ID7v2 serial connection at the end of the installation of .352. I installed "my set of tweaks" via AIO 2.8.4, as yesterday the new AIO 2.8.5 was not released yet. I had to modify the tweaks.sh a little to install some tweaks correctly (replace code: "$_VER_EXT -le 100" with "$_VER_EXT -le 352").
20200220_235222.jpg 03.PNG !Tweaks-angepasst-inklusive_JCI-Backup.JPG

During the FW update I saw this blue text flying by, which I think shows the deletion of the ID7 files of the formerly installed .335. Thats most probably the reason why we have to do ID7v2 with serial access at each FW Update starting with .335:
FW_Update_70.00.352_ID7v2 from .335-Update got disabled.jpg

Today I successfully installed the Speedometer 6.1 Tweak from AIO 2.8.5:
20200221_204113.jpg 20200221_204133.jpg 20200221_204328.jpg

Thanks a lot to @Trezdog44 for updating AIO to 2.8.5 and also to any other person who was involved in evaluating the ID7v2!

... so ID7v2 works fine for 70.00.352B-EU as well :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Question:

My car already has Carplay and have the official 70.00.335c installed but I would like to install AIO to enable touchscreen while driving.
Based on what I've read, I will have to reinstall 70.00.335c and follow the steps in ID7 Recovery v2 right?

My main question is, can I do this with the Carplay kit already installed or do I need to revert to the old non-Carplay kit before following the steps in mazdatweaks.com?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Right.

Yes, you can do this with the Carplay kit already installed. You do not need to revert to the old non-Carplay kit before following the steps in mazdatweaks.com.

I also did it that way with .335.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts