2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
[CITA = "Tomasz Guzek, publicación: 2464616, miembro: 528445"]
amill18: ¿podría describir cómo bajó de 70.00.335c a 59.00.502?

He actualizado de 59.00.443 a 70.00.100 y noté que Android Auto de AIO ya no funciona :(
[/CITAR]

Tengo el mismo problema, alguien sabe lo que puede estar pasando y si hay una solución

·
Registered
875 Posts
AIO Android Auto does not work at MZD firmware 70. Either you or your dealer install the official Mazda Android Auto which requires FW 70 + new usb hub+cables (install instructions) OR you downgrade your FW to 59.00.502 and install AIO Android Auto. For a FW downgrade use the firmware update procedure, but switch the file installation order (install the 2nd file 1st). Old FW can be found here.

If you can not install tweaks via USB anymore, the only solution is a serial access.
Tutorial for FW 59.00.502 up to/including 70.00.100: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial .
Tutorial for 70.00.335: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've updated my system to 70.00.335c without doing the ID7v2 stuff. I've since downgraded to .502, but both user/jci and cmu/jci are giving me "Invalid Login". That led me to this forum, which led me to this thread. Am I correct in assuming, based on post 1, that I am SOL with this infotainment system? Is there a step I'm missing, or a version I can revert to, which will give me serial access again so I can go back to .502 and get AA working again, or am I stuck buying the $200 parts and installing the official upgrade now?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can we reboot the unit and quickly put the command line into the putty window? I haven't tried it yet but I hope the good results will bring us to a miracle, not necessarily an update once again if you're at 70.00.335.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Can we reboot the unit and quickly put the command line into the putty window? I haven't tried it yet but I hope the good results will bring us to a miracle, not necessarily an update once again if you're at 70.00.335.
You don't understand why we need force to update for root successfully, because in real mode of CMU boot, the serial console was disable.... so we don't have backdoor to inject to system for copy xx folder CMU....

·
Registered
15 Posts
You don't understand why we need force to update for root successfully, because in real mode of CMU boot, the serial console was disable.... so we don't have backdoor to inject to system for copy xx folder CMU....
So reverting to older firmwares won't bring it back? Is there any version we could revert to to grant the serial console access again? I'm super frustrated that I'm stuck buying a new CMU or the official upgrade parts just because I was too hasty and didn't think to look up if it would neutralize cracks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
So reverting to older firmwares won't bring it back? Is there any version we could revert to to grant the serial console access again? I'm super frustrated that I'm stuck buying a new CMU or the official upgrade parts just because I was too hasty and didn't think to look up if it would neutralize cracks.
Just connect your serial cable and reinstall 335 over the existing firmware and install the ID7v2 using directions - ID7 Recovery v2

·
Registered
21 Posts
do you know? I understand that, we will find a faster method, it would be wonderful if we can do that, right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll give that a try; So I install 335 just like usual, at the end of it I run those commands and that'll give me tweak access, then I can revert back to 59.x so I can get AA back?
I don't know how to edit my post, I apologize. I am extremely happy to report a success. I reinstalled the .335c version I installed previously and ran through the ID7v2 stuff when it was done. Then, after confirming I could reboot/login with cmu/jci, I reinstalled 59.00.546 and, when rebooting, confirmed cmu/jci still worked. I was able to successfully install my tweaks and get AA running again. Thank you for saving me $200 plus all the labor of installing the official version of AA! I may end up doing it anyway eventually, but at least now I can have it in the meantime, and I can reinstall my tweaks with 70.xx when/if I go the official route as well. You're awesome @anderml1955 !

·
Registered
298 Posts
do you know? I understand that, we will find a faster method, it would be wonderful if we can do that, right?
K...k... Are you kidding me?... You know who am i and what can i do. Right?

If i don't know the root process work, Why i can tell you how it work in above post!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay, now holidays gone already and I have time to do serial Access on my Mazda, I have v59.00.502.. since everybody already done that, what could be the cause I am getting '' unable to open serial port''..Maybe the cable is not properly attached?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you have a ground wire connected - I couldn't make out if you have or not - it will almost certainly be the wires in the plug on the Mazda unit. They need pushing in 25mm or 1 inch. Strip 25mm of insulation, twist to stiffen and push the whole wire in until no bare wire can be seen. It will work. It took me three goes initially.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can’t read your screen, but does your PC recognize your serial adapter?
I recall I had to manually install the driver. (I think) I used a laptop with Win10.
Of course that depends on the chip you got. Mine was CP2102.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Okay, now holidays gone already and I have time to do serial Access on my Mazda, I have v59.00.502.. since everybody already done that, what could be the cause I am getting '' unable to open serial port''..Maybe the cable is not properly attached?

View attachment 275038 View attachment 275039 View attachment 275040
View attachment 275037
If you already have the driver for your module( I think CP2102 or PL2303), you just need to plug your module into the USB port and choose the correct COM port, puTTY has recognized your module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have a ground wire connected - I couldn't make out if you have or not - it will almost certainly be the wires in the plug on the Mazda unit. They need pushing in 25mm or 1 inch. Strip 25mm of insulation, twist to stiffen and push the whole wire in until no bare wire can be seen. It will work. It took me three goes initially.
No, I dont had any ground wire connected..I followed this guy tutorial Youtube and i did not see, he used any ground wire connecting ,maybe that is the problem.. I will try again in the weekend..thanks

Can’t read your screen, but does your PC recognize your serial adapter?
I recall I had to manually install the driver. (I think) I used a laptop with Win10.
Of course that depends on the chip you got. Mine was CP2102.
Im very confused with that steps, bc after I installed Putty, I put ''115200'' and open and I get the error thing..
my pc does not ask me to install any driver and tell me if i have to install the driver where you finds it,
where is the Ports (COM & LPT) on device Manager ?

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
No, I dont had any ground wire connected..I followed this guy tutorial Youtube and i did not see, he used any ground wire connecting ,maybe that is the problem..
The video shows the ground connection on the CMU at 8:37 . The red wire (in the video labelled GND) needs to connect between your serial adaptor and the CMU. As well as Tx and Rx

181 - 200 of 240 Posts