2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,
I mentioned this to 90210, but only being here for a year, i literally know no good ice cream places. He mentioned a few like a korean shaved ice place and Sweet Rose Creamery. I'm not glued to West LA, but I really do not wanna travel too far (like no farther than Pasadena, Northridge, or Torrance. If any of you have any recommendations and want to meet up some time this weekend, let me know. I have an extended weekend because of Chavez day.

On April 8th, Rita's Italian Ice is opening up in Redondo Beach. Rita's is a water ice chain straight out of the burbs of Philly (about 5 mins from where I grew up). They have custard (creamier soft serve ice cream) with italian (water) ice which comes with little pieces of fruit in it. They have gelatis (not gelato) which mixes custard and water ice, and misto shakes (mixes water ice and custard in to a shake). If any of you want to roll down with me and my buddy on the 8th for the soft opening, I highly suggest it.

Regardless, if you guys want to hit up a dessert venue for some ice cream or whatever this weekend, start it up here!

Dan

·
1,577 Posts
Sweet rose has great parking, the lot usually has Spykers and Lambos too. Great chill small place. Ice cream is made by Japanese chef. 5-6$.

Blocks on sawtelle/Olympic great....no parking

I am down for custard

·
1,577 Posts
There is brown people ice cream

White people ice cream

Asians ice cream

And 99c Mickey d sundae.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahahahaha I'm down for any ice cream...I just want something good...I used to hit up Brusters (East Coast thing) which was AMAZING...and of course Rita's...so if you guys have any suggestions throw em out there!

·
1,577 Posts
ΔΔΔ

When I go that south I go to 5/22 , and frequent the Vietnamese coffee House. Smoke cigarettes, big titties.., old school man hangout

Oh yeah ice cream,,,

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:eek:fftopic: :)

i wouldn't mind heading to Gardena, but kinda feeling more ice cream...like a good soft serve or something...i know Cold Stone is good but I have been there too many times...going for more local, sick of the chain bs ya know?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey I made a thread to gauge the interest of other people to see if they wanted to tag along so we could get to know more people...isn't that what forums are all about?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you guys are down, let's shoot for:

Sweet Rose Creamery
225 26th St.Street, Santa Monica
(310) 260-CONE

Time: 3:00 PM (negotiable)

Since it has been mentioned there is plenty of parking, we should be in good shape! This isn't a formal meet so if you plan on coming just show up because that is the time I will be there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts