2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IanQ's 2014 i Touring sedan

Hey everyone, bought my 2014 i Touring sedan back in March with 9 miles on her and she still sits bone stock, except for a Broadway mirror from one of my previous vehicles.

Back in the day I had a '92 Prelude SI.

I sold the Prelude and bought a '98 Civic EX, which I only had for a week before I totaled her. :thumbsdown:

Now I have my Mazda3.

Main plans right now are HIDs, tint, a mild drop and some new rims.

While saving up for the more expensive modifications I will be plasti dipping all of the exterior chrome accents and throwing amber film on the front turn signals.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Main plans right now are HIDs, tint, a mild drop and some new rims. Other than that I'm just keeping her clean.

I plasti dipped the emblems this morning and removed the "Skyactiv" badge. I'll have to redo the rear emblems at some point; my first time using plasti dip proved differently than regular paint.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well my HIDs were delivered yesterday, but someone stole them from outside my door before I got home from work. :beyond pissed:

Guess I'll reorder some and wait another 2 weeks. -.-

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well my HIDs were delivered yesterday, but someone stole them from outside my door before I got home from work. :pissed:

Guess I'll reorder some and wait another 2 weeks. -.-
nice car! and you didn't waste any time to work on it, haha. but dude, that sucks your HID's were stolen.. i hope they werent too expensive. signature confirmation maybe?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Almost the same line up of cars!
also had that 98 2 door civic (yellow signal lights, 99 had them white i believe), although my prelude was gen 2 with the long hood and fat rear
VTECH YO!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wow seemed like a horrible accident in the Honda :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plasti-dipped my wheels black a couple months ago. Haven't had time to take any decent pictures but here are a few quick shots.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slightly better picture of the plasti-dipped rims. Wanted to do a full photoshoot but it's wicked rainy and windy here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added some "amber" (completely yellow) vinyl to the front turn signals and removed the rear Mazda3 badge.
Got some HIDs and some WeatherTech window deflectors in the mail; hopefully these ones don't get stolen.
Planning on buying some CorkSport springs when the weather improves a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. I'm trying to allocate money to her but I'm in the midst of buying a house so funds are tight.

Got my WeatherTech window visors (deflectors) yesterday. I kind of regret not getting OEM; I prefer the way OEM cover the rear quarter window as well.
I think they'll look better when I tint, but for now I don't mind them too much. They are growing on me as I see them more.

Don't mind the dirty car, it's been in the single and teen digits all week so I haven't had a chance to wash her.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Washed the car and installed my DDM Tuning 35w 5000k HIDs today.
It was 20 degrees outside during installation so I only snapped a couple crappy cell phone pictures.

I'll need to remount the ballasts soon with proper brackets; for now I just zip-tied them. :thumbdown 1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts