2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely was not planning on buying a new car today. But i've been thinking about it for a while now, and i always drive past the dealership on my way home and see the 0% financing banner lol, and so a quick look turned into almost 4 hours. I picked up a fresh 2013 Black 3 Sport GX. I wanted as low of a payment as possible. The main reason why i got it is to save money, i traded in my 2008 F150 lariat for this. I'll be saving over $500 from payments and gas! unreal. After i had the truck i told myself i'd never go back to a car. Well here i am. Next week im getting rain guards installed, the windows tinted, and a sun roof installed at the dealership. Next thing i want to do is get the 17" oem wheels and some nice rubber, then put winters on the 16" gx rims. Then a roof rack for bikes, boards, and possibly a box.

any suggestions on winter tires and roof racks are very welcome!

cheers,
andrew

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Welcome. Lot of people talk highly about the blizzak tires. I haven't used them personally as I live in Florida.

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase! Major difference in MPG from the 150! LOL!!!
But you'll have fun with it!
If you're in an area with lots of weather, I would suggest picking up some Rally Armour mud flaps to protect your car from rock, mud, etc. Plus they look dope!
I wouldn't suggest lowering it, since weather is tough on roads and will leave major potholes. Potholes BAH!

Yokima or Thule are awesome brands for roof racks. I would ask Tim @Sublime27 about his bike set up.
Its pretty clean.

Jim

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Where in BC are you? We have a pretty fun local club that meets regularly for car related and non car related shenanigans if you are in the lower mainland.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome, can't wait to see pics of it!!
As for winter tires take a look at Michelin's X-Ice Xi3's. I currently have these on my MZ3 and I love them, quiet and great grip on the snow. I've always run Michelin for winter tires and I've never had issues.
As for roof racks, take a look at Yakima or Thule. They are both great racks, just depends on which kind of bars you want. Yakima are round cross bars and Thule are square cross bars. They both seem to have similar attachments available. I had Yakima on my Carolla and loved it.
Good luck with the additions!!:001_smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts