2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of my wireless charger. When I purchased it I had no idea how much of the center console it would suck up.

Does anyone have a PDF of the OEM install instructions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 GT Sport 2.5T w/ PP
246 Posts
While it does take up the entire center console, you can put anything you want on top of it, for the most part. Unless you're referring to the fact that the charger reduces its depth (valid concern).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While it does take up the entire center console, you can put anything you want on top of it, for the most part. Unless you're referring to the fact that the charger reduces its depth (valid concern).
Correct, I want to get rid of it because of the loss of storage space.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I tossed them after installation, but it might be doable without the instructions.

1) Pop up the center console from beneath the rear of the rails.

2) Pull the front of the rails outward. Put gear in neutral with screwdriver thru access hole. Unplug connectors, then remove console. Pull the cubby part out toward rear of car. Pop cup holders upward.

3) Open driver's kick panel and remove this electro-tap to the white wire:

4) Remove the black ground electro-tap from the back of the cigarette lighter.

That should be about it. You'll have to un-fish the wire that went to the kick panel, but that should pull right out after you undo the connections. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It doesn't look like it takes up much room. I'm curious however, I also don't need the wireless charger as I have to plug in the phone anyway for CarPlay. Would like to figure out a little gun safe for the center console instead.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It doesn't look like it takes up much room. I'm curious however, I also don't need the wireless charger as I have to plug in the phone anyway for CarPlay. Would like to figure out a little gun safe for the center console instead.
Carrying a gun in the car is so loaded (sorry) with issues, I'd be hesitant even if I did have a Carrying Concealed permit. You might consider a wireless CarPlay "dongle" for ~$100 that plugs into the USB port, that way you could make use of the charger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought so too when I optioned it. There are two SKUs from Mazda, one for AWD, one for FWD. I would assume the AWD gets less space in general because of the AWD hump. I think the pictures shown are of the FWD model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts