2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I had crashed my Mazda 3 (frontal but it did not reach engine bay) and it got repaired. However, the i-Stop does not work anymore. The battery shows as not ready all the time. Any suggestions on what could cause this? The battery was not damaged in the accident.

And a bit off-topic -> even though there was no damage on the interior, the plastic cover on the seat belt pillar from the driver's side keeps coming out. Any idea for a fix on that one? It snaps in but when I drive it comes out again.. annoying.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
something is still damaged from the crash, only thing i can think of. take it to a dealer have them check it out.

even though your car has been fixed, the rest of the cabin has been permanently tweaked and things like that may no longer line up properly any more.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I would actually call whomever fixed the car from the crash and let them know the I-Stop isn't working. I would think this should have been covered under the initial repair quote.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had the same thing. it just needs to recharge allot.. i drove over 500km to recharge it and then it started to work

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'll drive 1200 km this weekend, if it doesn't recharge I'll send the car back. I talked to them and they say they will fix the pillar plastic when I go to there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick question about the a-door-is-open warning light.
Does it detect for you guys that the bonnet is open? There is no detection for me. I don't know if it should detect the opening of the bonnet.. I am afraid it should..

·
Registered
87 Posts
It does if you have the factory alarm system, at least this is how it is on my GT in Canada,
I noticed it blinked the lights when I closed the hood ... there is a sensor next to the latch ... who fixed your car, Mazda ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, Mazda dealership fixed the car :)

So, back to the red car symbol on the dashboard. Does it shoes a popped bonnet when you open the bonnet? Because mine doesn't and if that is supposed to work, it is just another annoyance after having the car fixed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is a sensor for the hood but there is NO light indicator in the dash, for me only the signal/indicator lights blink once when I close the hood with the car doors locked, this is how I noticed there is a sensor there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, so that is not shown on the dashboard. I think the i-Stop doesn't work as the car stood in the workshop for 3 weeks without being driven? I'll see after this weekend's trip to Germany.
I suppose then that if that gets working, the only annoyance left is that plastic..

·
Registered
43 Posts
This i-Stop system really does need all the planets to be in perfect alignment before it works properly, right ?

:laugh2:

Mine stopped working after I installed the aftermarket amplifier which was drawing too much current from the battery because the bias on the amplifier was set incorrectly and drawing too much current from the battery. Sorted that out, and took a day or 2 for the battery to recharge fully, and now it's working perfectly again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey. Well, after driving those 1200 km I did not get the i-Stop to work but after leaving the car at Mazda for few hours, it magically works again. They said "we charged your battery".
Funny it didn't charge driving 1200 km :)

They changed the scratched seat-belt pillar plastic :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts