2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening Everyone,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction before I contact the dealer ...

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed my I-Stop intermittently doesn't work. Car is a Mazda 3 Saloon Activ-X, new in Jan 2022 - so hopefully not a fault already. Whenever the i-stop is not working, if I navigate to the "Energy Flow Monitor" screen it shows "i-stop Not Ready" (see photo).

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive mirror Font Vehicle

Then at other times it randomly starts working again. At first I thought it was waiting for the battery to charge up after the start of the journey, but I don't think its that (does it even at the end of a long journey).

It would be good to get some thoughts before I go to the dealer, as I don't want to be fobbed off. Any idea what causes the i-stop to be "Not Ready" ?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
51 Posts
i-stop requires number of things to work, including (but, i hate to say, not limited to): battery SOC > 69° (presumably), coolant temp > 40° (?), battery temp > 0°, etc.
But i think it's very simple in your case - it's A/C trying to cool the air. It can not work when engine is off. (A/C pic can be seen in your photo as not ready (not lit), other two is ready - battery, engine)
Try to disable A/C or increase desired temp.
(same for heater, if car is cold and you command it to warm up the car, it will not stop the engine until some desired delta between required and actual temp is reached).
I suspect this all should be in the manual.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda3 Saloon in Soul Red Crystal.
81 Posts
In your case I agree with @JonMitch that it’s the A/C, try turning the A/C off, the iStop will probably work.
Be aware though that if the iStop engine icon isn’t lit after a few minutes of driving (yours is lit) you could need the injectors sonically cleaning. I had to have mine done on a 2020 Saloon as they had got carbon buildup after only 15000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts