2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

While my wife is on vacation, I thought I'd replace the fluid like I did last fall, only this time I'd replace the filter and pan gasket as well as the fluid. Automatic by the way. I'm not sure if its a 4 or 5 spd auto. Its the sport touring model.
I bought four qts of Mazda M5 fluid from the dealership. Mind you, the car ran great and didn't have a single issue...thats before I touched it.
I drained the fluid, took the pan off, cleaned the pan and under side of the tranny in prep for a new gasket and sealant. I replaced the filter and put it back together. No problems at all. there was a bit more fluid in the pan than when I didn't replace the filter and I also more up inside the valve body when I removed the old filter. Unfortunately, I didn't account for the extra fluid needed when I bought the four qts.
I put the car back on the ground and then proceeded to fill the tranny back up. With the car NOT running, I filled the tranny until I saw fluid on the end of the stick. I put more in until the fluid reached the first "cold" notch on the stick. I then started it up, let it idle down. Once the idle settled I then shifted into drive and then back to reverse to pull the new fluid in. Thats when I knew something was up. I shut the car down. The shift both into Drive and Reverse was loud and hard. DAMN! I checked the fluid and it was low. I had to add another qt while it was running until it heated up and got the correct reading on the stick. The shifting from neutral to drive and reverse was not as hard. With my scanner, I now have a P0753, 0763, and a P0768 code. Shift solenoids A, C, and D.

I tried to drive it slowly. I have reverse no problem, but it barely slowly moves in drive but will go but will NOT shift up. Any ideas please. My wife is going to frickin kill me. I tried to be proactive and it F'in bites me.

I can take the pan back off but I do not know how to tell which solenoid is bad or if all three. Or where to buy these from.

Please help. I've attached a photo of the valve body underside when I was originally under there.

Thanks

Sid

Attachments

·
*The Electrician*
905 Posts
Better get yourself a really nice dog house lol, or a super sick couch???

Wish I could help ya, but I don't do well with mechanical stuff, so I stopped trying lol.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
Evening all,

While my wife is on vacation, I thought I'd replace the fluid like I did last fall, only this time I'd replace the filter and pan gasket as well as the fluid. Automatic by the way. I'm not sure if its a 4 or 5 spd auto. Its the sport touring model.
I bought four qts of Mazda M5 fluid from the dealership. Mind you, the car ran great and didn't have a single issue...thats before I touched it.
I drained the fluid, took the pan off, cleaned the pan and under side of the tranny in prep for a new gasket and sealant. I replaced the filter and put it back together. No problems at all. there was a bit more fluid in the pan than when I didn't replace the filter and I also more up inside the valve body when I removed the old filter. Unfortunately, I didn't account for the extra fluid needed when I bought the four qts.
I put the car back on the ground and then proceeded to fill the tranny back up. With the car NOT running, I filled the tranny until I saw fluid on the end of the stick. I put more in until the fluid reached the first "cold" notch on the stick. I then started it up, let it idle down. Once the idle settled I then shifted into drive and then back to reverse to pull the new fluid in. Thats when I knew something was up. I shut the car down. The shift both into Drive and Reverse was loud and hard. DAMN! I checked the fluid and it was low. I had to add another qt while it was running until it heated up and got the correct reading on the stick. The shifting from neutral to drive and reverse was not as hard. With my scanner, I now have a P0753, 0763, and a P0768 code. Shift solenoids A, C, and D.

I tried to drive it slowly. I have reverse no problem, but it barely slowly moves in drive but will go but will NOT shift up. Any ideas please. My wife is going to frickin kill me. I tried to be proactive and it F'in bites me.

I can take the pan back off but I do not know how to tell which solenoid is bad or if all three. Or where to buy these from.

Please help. I've attached a photo of the valve body underside when I was originally under there.

Thanks

Sid
Overfilled the tranny fluid is most likely the cause. If you replaced the amount removed.. no issues. At this point you're better off sending in for repairs - time critical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts