2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys!

So Its been a a while, and for those who are familiar with my case, I tried switching my original xenon bulbs to OSRAM CBI's.
Sadly to my lack of expertise, I ended up bending the retention clip on the passenger headlight, and this is where all the story begins...

I go to my dealership and I'm honest with them, I tell them that I bent the retention clips of the headlight and I need to repair it and as well to switch the stock bulbs for the one's I purchased. I leave the car and get it back 2 days after. I get the car, I didnt check the that the retention clip was fixed. 1 day after, just for curiosity, I wanted to check if the retention clip was fixed, I open the hood, take out the cap , and boom! the bulb moves freely on the housing! I immediately go to the dealership, tell them that the problem is still not fixed and then they start telling me that they tried, and that they will look again but the retention clip might not be fixable and most probably I will need to buy a new headlight. The same day, they call me, and they tell me that the clip is not fixable, that I need to buy a new headlight, I tried telling them that the problem is with the retention clip and that it is very much fixable! They say it is not! Since I love my car so much I told them to bring a new headlight assembly, as this definitely should solve the problem. The day after I received my car, and as noob I thrust my dealership and don't check how the bulb is moving inside the new headlight! I mean! Brand new headlight!!! I pay, and 3 days later, I noticed that the light coming from the passenger brand new headlight is not so good! I decide to check the headlight, open the cover and check the bulb, and my worse nightmare came true! The bulb moves the same way as my old headlight!!!

In this stage, I repaired the retention clip of the old headlight by myself! I mean! it took me 2 minutes with a screw driver and a plier! And they charged me so much money for a brand new headlight that still has the same problem as my previous headlight!

I go to the dealership and prior to this I sent an email to customer service of Mazda complaining all about this. I see the manager and he refuses to give me service since he took personal the email I sent Mazda Israel, go figure out lol! His brother is with me now, and I'm trying to explain him! How can this problem still be happening. Meanwhile Mazda is claiming that the problem is not the headlight but the OSRAM CBI's lol!!! We go for a drive and into a dark garage and the light output of the passenger new headlight is still off but the brother of the manager says that is because of the bulb! He then tells me that Mazda told him to bring the original bulbs back! I'm telling him, that since in the new headlight the bulb is not properly secured then that's the real issue! He refuses to acknowledge this!

So I come back the day after to fix my car! Leave the car there, go to work! and get a call 2 hours after, stating that that the problem is solve, and that the OSRAM CBI was doing the problem! Of course I don't believe this shi*** and I tell him that the bulb still moves freely! At this stage I'm going crazy! I showed my friend and my wife the difference between the driver's headlight and the new one and everybody agrees that the bulb's position is different! I go to the dealership, show the guy that is taking care of my car how to get access to the driver's headlight from the fender well (He didn't know!) and asked to touch, he touched, then I tell him to touch the replaced headlight, he touches, and he tells me! They are exactly the same!!! At this stage me and my friend loose it!!! We try to be the most civilized we could do but it was impossible! In the end the manager agrees to talk back to me! Tells me to show him the problem! I go with him to a dark garage, at this stage on the drivers side the OSRAM was left in place and on the new headlight the stock bulb was installed, I show the manager what is the difference, I even show him that the bulb is moving like when i first came to the dealership, but he does not want to acknowledge nothing! So he takes pictures and sends them to the one responsible of Mazda in terms of technical issues, that guy says that the light output is perfect and that he does not see any problem!!!

At this stage I'm like, just put my old headlight back and let's end this! The manager is refusing, he says that he wants to check with another Mazda 3 2016 with stock HID's if the shadow on the cut off line happens! Then after that he will send the car to be checked to a lights professional and get an opinion! At this stage I respectfully agree to that, and I waited today with no answers!

I regret that I switched the bulbs by myself! I know that! But I'm going through an ordeal which is even hurting my health! I can't believe everything that is happening! I feel completely ripped off!

So please tell me, what should I do at this stage! Cancel the transaction, technically according to the law in Israel, Im entitled to cancel a transaction within 14 regular days, and tomorrow at 1:33pm , it will be 14 days!Should I escalate this with a lawyer! I have important phone calls recorded, all the convos in voice memo and important events filmed through my dash cam, where it clearly shows that the manager was aware of my car problem since the beginning!

I know this is a long thread! And I'm thankful to those that read it though the end!

I posted some pics on what the manager and the qualified regional technician say it's Ok! You can clearly see the problem!

P.S: Im not moving the projector, Im touching the bulb lightly and that is my complaint, this causes the passenger headlight output to not be even!

P.S2: The story is longer but I tried to make as brief as possible and apologies for any grammar mistake!

P.S3: If anyone can post here pictures of their stock bi-xenon headlight in front of a wall I would appreciate!!! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cancel the transaction if possible, and forget about the lawyer. Even if you found one, the costs would add up extremely quickly.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Wow, we are all sorry about the horrible service/lack of it that you have experienced. Might there be another Mazda dealer who can provide you really good service -- "within reach" of where you live or work?

I agree with @darvetis, i.e., cancel the charge!

Best of luck!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help! I'll call the dealership and try to get this transaction cancelled! I will ask them to put my old headlight back , the one where they could not repair the retention clips on it and I did and hopefully they will be as professional as they can be!

This has been the worshippers nightmare, and I'm aware I created this situation, but if you are paying money then you are hoping for them to fix the problem!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@Vic_tormenta, I see your headlights are aim very low? Default from factory or did you do it yourself!

Today the dealership agreed to replace once again the entire headlight assembly! They didn't even accept that there was something wrong with the previous headlight! They were so scare to touch anything they didn't install the CBI bulb or aim the headlights properly... So with my experience on this subject I switched the bulb and aimed the headlights properly or at least the best I could...

This is the end result!!! It might not be perfect but I can leave with this!!! :)

Problem solve thank G-d!

Not the most optimal place to aim headlights I know lol...

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
@Davidval18, so glad you are least got your dealership to accept responsbility and replace your complete headlight assembly. Still, they are far from being appropriately reasonable.

Good for you to get your headlight aim functioning again.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Davidval18, so glad you are least got your dealership to accept responsbility and replace your complete headlight assembly. Still, they are far from being appropriately reasonable.

Good for you to get your headlight aim functioning again.
Thanks! It was an ordeal! My lack of inexperience switching a bulb costed me dearly! But we live and we learn! I actually switched the bulb in 15min lol!

Also since screaming is not my style, but rather logical arguments, I still ended up in good terms with the dealership owner and I'm still planning to go again in the future! :smile2:

Lesson learned, time to move on into the next mod lol!:grin2:

·
Registered
150 Posts
@Vic_tormenta, I see your headlights are aim very low? Default from factory or did you do it yourself!

Today the dealership agreed to replace once again the entire headlight assembly! They didn't even accept that there was something wrong with the previous headlight! They were so scare to touch anything they didn't install the CBI bulb or aim the headlights properly... So with my experience on this subject I switched the bulb and aimed the headlights properly or at least the best I could...

This is the end result!!! It might not be perfect but I can leave with this!!! :)

Problem solve thank G-d!

Not the most optimal place to aim headlights I know lol...
Ummm... Not really. The wall is farther than it seems. However, I had to set it a little bit upper a year ago. From factory headlights were really low. Nowadays I think they have perfect aiming!

Glad to read your news, now your headlights aim fine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts