2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a turbo charger for my 2.0L 2008 mazda 3.

How should I go about doing this? What brands, how much should I spend, bolt on or no? How much boost is safe for stock engine parts, etc.

I would like horsepower comparable to mps/speed3's if possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be easier to sell yours and buy one that has already been done.
I am well aware. however; I'm more interested in a build rather than a bought. Another reason for my decision is the fact that in my area there are not to many turbo'd sedans in my area and therefore it would be unique where I live. Also due to the scarcity of turbo 3s, it would make it incredibly difficult to find one that has been boosted.

thanks anyway

·
Registered
301 Posts
The Mazdaspeed3 has a ton of hp and torque, probably not something you'll get out of the 2.0L engine since the MS3 has a 2.3L engine and is built to take the power. You'll probably need more upgrades including things like brakes, and I've seen people mention the drivetrain too.

I did a 2.5L Ford Fusion swap into an '07 2.0L Mazda3 and the hp and torque gain are noticeable. About 175hp and 172ft-lb of torque. You could modify that engine with a better intake and exhaust, upgrade your suspension, and really have some fun in your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts