2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of you have changed your wheels and I have been considering the same. However, the only wheels I really like better than the OEM's are the OZ wheels which are stunning. I won't buy a gravity cast wheel or move to a +1 because we have a lot of potholes where I live and they are just not strong enough. In addition, the OEM wheels are easier to keep clean than most of the aftermarket versions. That said, I'm having a difficult time justifying the cost when the OEM wheels look just fine. If I needed an extra wide tire or wanted to move to a +1 fitment, then there would be a reason. Yes, the OEM wheels are heavy, but I'm not racing and the very slight mpg increase doesn't even come close to covering the cost. Plus I have no desire to change the color as silver works best with the Blue Reflex color.

That said, if any of you who have changed your 18" alloys want to sell a couple of them (I won't buy all 4), pm me and we can negotiate a price. If you live in the NY/NJ area all the better.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't need one right now but I like to keep a spare or two if I can get them at a good price. I'm also willing to buy 4 and then sell a couple. In the past with potholes and curb rash, I've bent and/or scraped a rim or two. OEM wheels are more of a difficult sell as a complete set because those who want to invest in wheels want something better/different than OEM. I figure that there will be some out there who can't get rid of their wheels and I'd like the opportunity to pick them up for a decent price. If not, there is nothing lost.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Just wait a few months, someone in America will total an s Touring and then you can buy the 2-3 good wheels that will be left on the car. Way cheaper and less hassle than parting out complete sets or even buying from member-friends.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wait a few months, someone in America will total an s Touring and then you can buy the 2-3 good wheels that will be left on the car. Way cheaper and less hassle than parting out complete sets or even buying from member-friends.
Great idea.... Thanks...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Yea people will always get rid of their oem wheels. Check out car-parts.com you can search parts to any vehicle in your state to see if any junk yards have them. They usually have the condition and price posted up which is helpful along with location of junk yard with the item. Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
What's awesome about oem wheels is they can be bought cheap. At least compared to other wheel brands. I also like the stock wheels I have. I get compliments on them often. I wouldn't mind having some nice enkei's. But the money to buy them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
310 Posts
I made a deal for 18" black M52s when I negotiated my car, but honestly I figured I'd ask for those and "settle" for the 18s from the S model on my i-GT. And I'd have been very happy with the OEM 18s, as they're a damn nice looking wheel.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'm an OEM wheel guy :D Never bought aftermarket rims before though I bought OEM rims off an Acura CL-S and put onto my Accord long time ago. Other than that I always try to get the car with the nicer rims out of the bunch :D

I do like these OEM 18's too, just hate washing them. Too many crevasses lol

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm an OEM wheel guy :D Never bought aftermarket rims before though I bought OEM rims off an Acura CL-S and put onto my Accord long time ago. Other than that I always try to get the car with the nicer rims out of the bunch :D

I do like these OEM 18's too, just hate washing them. Too many crevasses lol
I have had aftermarket rims before. If you think the OEM 18's are hard to clean, most aftermarket rims are much worse because they tend to have sharp corners on the spokes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts