2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Flat head as in the head of the bolt is flat. No tool would fit on it. Probably pressure fitted on. Told my dealer about it, gave them the bolt. They don't find any holes where it was. Probably looked for 2 minutes. The bolt is identical to the ones holding metal brackets toguether such as the brake pedal brackets next to the firewall. Those were still installed. I 'd post a picture of it but the dealer kept the bolt.

Anyone found a similiar bolt on their floor? I'm concerned that it could be for something mechanical such as the steering column or such.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You would be amazed the stuff left in cars from the assembly line turns up in cars even years after they were made. Could be a bolt that was caught up in the wire harness that eventually worked it was it's way out.
Pat.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would be amazed the stuff left in cars from the assembly line turns up in cars even years after they were made. Could be a blot that was caught up in the wire harness that eventually worked it was it's way out.
Pat.
Interesting. Possible I suppose. I'm more concerned that if a bolt came loose out of a bracket, that bracket is now weak and doomed to fail at some point. Small parts can cause major issues and possibly dangerous scenarios depending on where the bolt came from. Look at GM's infamous weak spring in their ignitions. Not knowing the issue is bad enough. Having our family members drive in our car with a possible issue as such, frightning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts