2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in Regina Saskatchewan and I lately have been so bored having no other mazda 3 lovers around.. Like our cars are minty :thumbup1 1: but nobody else understands it in Regina, I definitely need some people love their mazda 3s! I need some people to make me want to buy some parts lol and somebody with experience cause I don't know shit about doing anything... like I changed my shift knob once... If you see this and you live around Regina message me up!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I know the feeling...I posted on her weeks ago looking for mazda drivers in Calgary. I know there out there I see them everyday. I can't be the only one who loves this car and wants to mod it, drive it and talk to other people about it!!
I wish I lived close to the regulars on here!!

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like there's so many things I want to do to my car but literally have no way of doing it because I don't have the balls to hahahaha I need experience...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I know, I have the mod bug too but would love to talk to others here and learn. I'm just lucky I found a really great place that does custom work and are reasonable. I'd never have the headlight set up I do if not.
I'd like to plasti dip myself and install mud flaps but totally newbie at working on cars!! Not to mention a little more power under the hood eventually.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those headlights are deadly for sure! Love them! If I can put any simple input in plastidip spray cans are good for wheels, emblems and anything small but definitely not big surfaces unless you have a spray gun! I need to replace mine with vinyl in the summer... And for mudflaps the rally armour seem easier to install, the corksport require drilling which slightly fucked mine up :/ they look okay now though!

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
Mudflaps arent bad. I made my own and used RA install instructions. Way easier to do the fronts with the wheels off...at least for me. Theres lots of detailed write ups on the forums that may be helpful for u. Best thing to do is have a mechanically inclined friend to help u out. Most stuff is more scary than difficult, just gotta be ready for snags and roll with the punches.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive been working on cars since I was 16 and able to drive. Granted im only 22 now and still have a lot to learn. The easiest way to learn is to go do it. Forums are a great tool for research and for knowledge. Also use youtube to help when you get into a jam. I always research before doing a mod. Learn from others who have already done it and learn from their mistakes. Just be aware...once you start modding you wont be able to stop lol.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm from regina And I am wanting to mod my mazda 3. I have tinted my tail lights thats It cause I dont have the experince in modding but I do enjoy the mazda brand

There's nothing wrong with that, I know no more than anyone else! Wouldn't have even tried putting HIDs in without my dad :thumbup 1: I'm getting there...

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm from regina And I am wanting to mod my mazda 3. I have tinted my tail lights thats It cause I dont have the experince in modding but I do enjoy the mazda brand

Nothing wrong with just tinted taillights! We have to start somewhere, right? Can't say I've seen you around! What area of Regina are you from??

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Those headlights are deadly for sure! Love them! If I can put any simple input in plastidip spray cans are good for wheels, emblems and anything small but definitely not big surfaces unless you have a spray gun! I need to replace mine with vinyl in the summer... And for mudflaps the rally armour seem easier to install, the corksport require drilling which slightly fucked mine up :/ they look okay now though!
Yeah I love my headlights...and love that they are one of a kind too!! I'm thinking of dipping my wheels flat black for the winter. I'm getting new summer rims and tires for this next season, just busy picking them out. I've ordered eyebrows to make the headlights a littler meaner and I'll be ordering some Rally Armour mud flaps too after I decide on rims.

:yes:

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I love my headlights...and love that they are one of a kind too!! I'm thinking of dipping my wheels flat black for the winter. I'm getting new summer rims and tires for this next season, just busy picking them out. I've ordered eyebrows to make the headlights a littler meaner and I'll be ordering some Rally Armour mud flaps too after I decide on rims.

:yes:
I dipped my wheels flat black and it was pretty easy I thought, just the basic mazda 3 rims so not a very complex surface! I definitely like the eyebrows, they're just so expensive I think! I'm just going to plasti dip some on! Rally armour won't disappoint! What kind of place did you get your headlights done at? Like what would you call it? A body shop? I just can't think of a name for it hahaha

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I dipped my wheels flat black and it was pretty easy I thought, just the basic mazda 3 rims so not a very complex surface! I definitely like the eyebrows, they're just so expensive I think! I'm just going to plasti dip some on! Rally armour won't disappoint! What kind of place did you get your headlights done at? Like what would you call it? A body shop? I just can't think of a name for it hahaha
Mine are also just the mazda stock rims so won't be too hard to dip...but the snow has to dissappear first. This blizzard sucks!!
I could have dipped eyebrows to I guess but I wanted body color so I sucked it up and ordered painted ones.
The place I got my headlights done is a one of a kind custom shop here in Calgary. You can check them out online... www.finelinecustomworks.com They did my headlights with the retrofit and HID's, they dipped my emblems and tinted my tail lights. My car is actually there right now getting thier newest Extreme Vision ballasts and HID's installed. They do great work if your ever in Calgary.:thumbup 1:

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahahaha I have 6 more months of snow... I agree, a slight difference in the colours will probably bug me and I'll end up buy painted ones! Thanks for the link! Ya I'll have to try and get myself to Calgary if there nothing here that will work for me!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I looked at that site BlueHaloGirl and they've done really nice work! And there's a lot of mazda 3s which are really nice!
Yes they do outstanding work there! I swear they never sleep buy the amount of new projects I see them completing.
The one owner acually has a mazdaspeed 3 which he just dipped black with a fade into red, it looks very cool. I've been so happy with the work they have done and they stand by thier work too. My HID fogs are fantastic, saved my life I'm sure on my hellish drive home yesterday in the blizzard!!

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya jeez it must be insane there!! Hope it's not that bad for too long! BlueHaloGirl May I ask how much they charged to do your halos? I messaged a place and they said $175 for halos, I'm not sure if that's cheap or not... Some sets I've seen are $200 alone...

1 - 20 of 279 Posts