2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning, I was greeted with a nice yellow triangle with an exclamation point on my instrument cluster. I opened the maintenance app in the infotainment system, and there was a warning that said "i-ELOOP system malfunction". When I switched over to the i-ELOOP status monitor it was showing the recharge animation continuously, however the capacitor indicator remained at a discharged state. I called my service department, and it is the first time they have heard of this situation. I'm taking it in for service in the morning. I'm bummed out, because I only have 2000 miles on the vehicle. I really hope it is minor. As a side note, the vehicle appears to function normally. The service department was not too concerned about me driving it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They really did seem clueless. I saw this recall announcement. The strange thing is that my manufacturer date is outside of the dates listed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The service department ran diagnostics, and were unable to determine the cause. They reset the system, and the error cleared. Hope it was just a fluke.

·
Registered
590 Posts
This is serious, but Mazda acted fast. Same as GM and the ignition issue, loss of power can be deadly esp on a freeway.

i DO not drive in the rain PERIOD. This friday i will get the update. It will ignore the capacitor if it fall to low and relies on the alternator 100%.

·
Registered
590 Posts
On my way to work this morning, I was greeted with a nice yellow triangle with an exclamation point on my instrument cluster. I opened the maintenance app in the infotainment system, and there was a warning that said "i-ELOOP system malfunction". When I switched over to the i-ELOOP status monitor it was showing the recharge animation continuously, however the capacitor indicator remained at a discharged state. I called my service department, and it is the first time they have heard of this situation. I'm taking it in for service in the morning. I'm bummed out, because I only have 2000 miles on the vehicle. I really hope it is minor. As a side note, the vehicle appears to function normally. The service department was not too concerned about me driving it.
demand the PCM update...u need it, it will happen again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently received the same error message. My $500 battery is only 3 months old and now this. Anyone got any better information on this or is it just another method for Mazda to get me into the dealership for a $200 service call?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts