2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

I got my 2010 mazda3 sedan GT recently back in September, (quantity price ) and I have been loving my first car soo much. Ive always been obsessed with getting up the speed limit as fast as possible (torquing it!) but I really don't want to void my warranty.

What customizations can I do Cold Air Intake? (do CAI's use more gas?), exhaust system? the special chip to increase horsepower? turbo? (I know turbo does void your warranty, but maybe theres some sort of work around ).

Are there any outside mods that void the warranty to? I want to make it as fast as possible. My price range is $1000-$2000 including taxes already and I'm in Canada. I have like a 6 year warranty XD

Thank You!

EDIT: I WANT TO MAKE IT FAST WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!! and I couldn't get a mazdaspeed3 cuz it was too expensive at the time :argh 1:
EDIT2: I'm not willing to drive stick shift. XD

·
Registered
220 Posts
No such thing as a special chip, thats a scam. Btw you wont get a turbo kits and tuning for even double your budget's max man.

·
Registered
477 Posts
intake/header(when one is made)/exhuast. f2 is making a S/C kit that will be available soon, for under $5000 i believe

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
intake/header(when one is made)/exhuast. f2 is making a S/C kit that will be available soon, for under $5000 i believe
I would LOVE an s/c for this car! While I have always been a fan of turbo charging as using waste to make power just makes sense, I think the really low redline on the new 3 would do really well with an S/C

·
Registered
452 Posts
why didnt you just get a mazda speed 3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:stupid: I WANT TO MAKE IT FAST WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!! and I couldn't get a mazdaspeed3 cuz it was too expensive at the time :argh 1:

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
:stupid: I WANT TO MAKE IT FAST WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!! and I couldn't get a mazdaspeed3 cuz it was too expensive at the time :argh 1:
really? Cause I could have gotten the MS3 for the same price as my MZ3.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
haha, same here. not only did i not think about it at the time, but the dealership didn't have at the time anyway...

any FI would def blow the warranty on the engine.

OP, stick with basic intake & exhaust to play on the safe side. MAYBE headers, when they're released.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rofl same here man. For like a little more i could have gotten a speed 3 but then i would have had to wait like 2 months for it to get here in miami

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Anything you do to the car can potentially void your warranty on your car. If you are more fincially stable now and want a faster car with a warranty, you might be better off selling your GT and getting a speed3.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
I'm not willing to drive stick shift.
oh, jesus...if you are gonna drive an automatic than just leave it stock and enjoy not having to clutch in rush hour. slushbox FTL

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm not willing to drive stick shift.
The problem with this statement is, if you do spend the money to drop a turbo in the car, you'll never be able to take full advantage of it. If you can't control the car to keep the revs in the band where the turbo is most effective, what is the point? The shift-o-matic slush box helps, but I still don't think it will give you the level of control you get with a manual.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
There is nothing you can really do to make the car as fast as possible without voiding the warranty. Any bolt on mods that you could take off for warranty work will not make your car that much faster then it already is.

·
Registered
220 Posts
There is nothing you can really do to make the car as fast as possible without voiding the warranty. Any bolt on mods that you could take off for warranty work will not make your car that much faster then it already is.
With that being said if you really want to rice out your car, trade it in for a honda civic and put stickers on it and a turbo that doesn't work and one of those fart cans. You'll go fast. Otherwise stay with your mazda drop it and put some nice rims on it and just chill.

If you want a fast car your options are limited to stick shift and if you're a multimillionaire then you can get a Ferrari with pedal shifters in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had read in one of the reviews that the 3 gave a nice 'thwarp' in between shifts. My exhaust sounds like a potato bug snoring on this 3 S Sport 2.5. I could use some more decibels for feedback ! The left pipe soots but the right pipe is clean as day one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts