2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I connect my computer to my Mazda's CMU via serial port, I see lots of text flying past because it is what the car does in the background. It is very difficult to run commands because I can't see what im typing and the output will be much after I run the command.

Is there a way to run a command and see the output of it without any of the extra text flying by?

·
Pretty Cool Dude
329 Posts
Unfortunately you wont easily be able to see the output. I would suggest following instructions @ https://mazdatweaks.com/serial

When you see text flying by hold NAV+MUTE to reset the CMU. On the terminal screen you will see it reset and then you will see a login prompt. As soon as you see login prompt, type in 'user', push enter, then type in 'jci' and push enter. Then copy and paste:

Code:
cp -r /tmp/mnt/sd*/XX/* /tmp/mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /tmp/mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; ls -l /tmp/mnt/data_persist/dev/bin
If you see something like:

then it worked. It will be hard to see with the text flying but it will be the only colored section making it easier to see.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately you wont easily be able to see the output. I would suggest following instructions @ https://mazdatweaks.com/serial

When you see text flying by hold NAV+MUTE to reset the CMU. On the terminal screen you will see it reset and then you will see a login prompt. As soon as you see login prompt, type in 'user', push enter, then type in 'jci' and push enter. Then copy and paste:

Code:
cp -r /tmp/mnt/sd*/XX/* /tmp/mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /tmp/mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; ls -l /tmp/mnt/data_persist/dev/bin
If you see something like:

then it worked. It will be hard to see with the text flying but it will be the only colored section making it easier to see.
I follow isntruction the text is always flying i can't type login and password

·
Pretty Cool Dude
329 Posts
The text will ALWAYS be flying. Assuming you wired TX correctly, when you type in a command, it will send to the CMU. The output of what you typed will be near-impossible to see because it is somewhere in the middle of all the text that is flying.

Look at the picture in my previous post. You see how it is sandwiched in the middle of all the text? I had to scroll up until I saw that output.

So as I said before, when you see the text flying, restart CMU w/ NAV+MUTE. The text will start flying once the CMU is all booted up. But as soon as you restart, type in 'user', ENTER, 'jci', ENTER, and copy and paste the commands from mazdatweaks.com/Serial

·
Registered
10 Posts
Restart CMU and then check screen. When you see user in console after reboot now type user and press enter and type jci.
After logging you always look more messages, but its ok

·
Registered
10 Posts
when I was trying, I first tried as written in the instructions to copy 2 lines
Code:
user
jci
In this case, if you look closely (or put logging), you'll see an inscription that logging timeout (exact definition I do not remember)

But then I changed the tactics, I rebooted the device and waited for the inscription to login, after that I hit 2 lines with my hands, not paying attention to the debugging information.

It took 10 attempts.

After you successfully log in, you will see for a short time that instead of debugging information, another line 10-15 appears. This means you are logged in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts