2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just updated my 2014 Mazda 3 to ver 70 and then installed the new cables and AUX unit. Works perfectly and I LIKE IT !

If anyone is in the Port Fairy / Warrnambool area and wants some help, I will be glad to assist.

Cost - one or two bottles of wine of my choosing from Dan Murphys. Max price $50. Not too bad an hourly rate, as it took me about 45mins for the FW and 1.5 hours for the hardware.

In reality, I'm just starting this thread, to maybe prompt others who have already done this, to help other fellow Mazda owners who are not so confident, in their local area.

:laugh2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn, you live a little bit too far. I do have a question though. There are 2 usb ports. One with the mobile icon next to it. In regards to the other port. Are you able to use hdd/flash drives? That port can't read drives nor charge my phone. Hence wondering if something is wrong.

I had a dealership do mine. Wish I did it myself, since a lot of things went wrong with the installation. And I'm trying to figure out if there's anything else I need to bring up.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my phone in the port with the phone icon.

I have a usb thumb drive in the other one with music. It works fine.

My guess is that you have a faulty AUX unit, or a crappy usb drive (try another one) or the cables aren't seated properly !

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried 2 flash drives & a HDD. All of which use to work with the old one. Just in case, used Ntsc format after fat32.

They broke the clip to my commander knob and it's fallen in. Second USB slot is either fault or cables aren't in. Also my MZD connect navigation doesn't work anymore.

I live in Cranbourne. That 4 hr drive doesn't sound so bad now. Or me trying it myself. Thanks for everything though. At least I've got the information I need to sort it out with the dealership.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you paid for the work - go back and insist it's done properly.

It's actually very simple (hence untrained me can do it - but even the trained monkeys at dealerships should be able to manage it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts