2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here tried this on any of their parts?

It looks intriguing as hell. I'd love to do some carbon fiber-look interior bits, or even wheels in a dark carbon look. Wondering how expensive it is and how well it holds up.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
VERY expensive but yeah it's way cool. I have been wanting to get the slide on my Glock done forever but just that would cost 200+. I'd think rims may be 3-400.00 each to have this done...but maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I would never do this to a car part, mostly because it always looks awful to me.
The only time that comes out good looking is when it's an ERDL camo, other than that it always gets distorted and looks awful.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A friend is talking about buying some of the stuff to try it out and see how it works. I've volunteered some old MOMO 5-star wheels to try out. Depending on how it goes, I'd think about doing some interior plastic bits or possibly some of the car's exterior badging. Has to be very subtle, though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
VERY expensive but yeah it's way cool. I have been wanting to get the slide on my Glock done forever but just that would cost 200+. I'd think rims may be 3-400.00 each to have this done...but maybe I'm wrong.

Hard to find any firm info on pricing anywhere I've looked. I've searched a bit for anyone doing it locally or semi-locally (Austin to San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, etc.), but not a whole lot going on with it so far.

Might have to work on it myself.

*ETA: 2013, check out http://www.lonestarhydrocoatings.com/pricing.html - their website says $50 for a handgun slide.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hard to find any firm info on pricing anywhere I've looked. I've searched a bit for anyone doing it locally or semi-locally (Austin to San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, etc.), but not a whole lot going on with it so far.

Might have to work on it myself.
yeah I can't find anyone local, only places you'd have to send them off..which only means more $$. Personally, I love the look of this stuff, very durable and high quality looking on the better jobs I've seen. The carbon fiber look is one of the best designs for this application I've seen. All kinds of different designs and colors. Good luck, would love to see pics when if you get this done!

·
Registered
260 Posts
My car has been sponsored by a local hydro dipping shop. We're doing my rims and interior.
I will be running a group buy on torontomazda3.ca that everyone here is welcome to join in on. It will be 20% off.
Shipping will be to Ontario though

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car has been sponsored by a local hydro dipping shop. We're doing my rims and interior.
I will be running a group buy on torontomazda3.ca that everyone here is welcome to join in on. It will be 20% off.
Shipping will be to Ontario though

The international shipping gets a bit pricey, from my experience.

Awesome opportunity for anyone in Canada or some of the northern US, though!

For now I'm just kind of looking around, researching, daydreaming... I don't even have the car in my hands yet, and I'm already trying to decide what to change out and upgrade! :)

Not having it yet is the down side.

On the plus side, it's really awesome to be excited about a car again. Haven't really had much excitement about cars since my beloved CRX got stolen in 2008.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts