2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
1) the no flow out of the vents is by design. On startup u have no coolant heat so flowing lotsa cold thru "heat" vents would beboth pointless and would make u feel cooler yet. So... by design, little flow till coolant temp builds; 2) by turning dn fan speed you are manually overriding the fanspeed aspect of automation... NP... that is working ok. No, your prb is solely the air blend door not being prooerly contrilled to a correct temp. My 2 buts...
Yea the fan speed doesn't ramp up even after warm up constantly stays in low fan position and extreme heat

·
Registered
24 Posts
It exceeds the set point by a wide margin it does not appear to be an issue with the fan speed - just the temperature. It will keep going up without manual intervention.

I have also had the issue where I get almost nothing coming out of the vents on startup auto as well.

The fan could be set at the lowest possible setting and it will still get too hot - it is not turning down the temperature at all
I just want to say that I feel you as a fellow Canadian driver, there would be days where the HVAC works relatively normally, and on others its like a god damn steamer in the car, as if someone just lit a portable stove and left it in the car.... its intense. I will say that its great to have scorching hot air come out upon turning on the car at 5am in the morning... but 10 minutes in... its too much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
is there actually a TSB somewhere we can see? I've seen the TSB on another thread about the cylinder deactivation issues and the auto windows issues... but can't seem to find the TSB for the HVAC.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just want to say that I feel you as a fellow Canadian driver, there would be days where the HVAC works relatively normally, and on others its like a god damn steamer in the car, as if someone just lit a portable stove and left it in the car.... its intense. I will say that its great to have scorching hot air come out upon turning on the car at 5am in the morning... but 10 minutes in... its too much.
Ya man. It's not working correctly

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ya man. It's not working correctly
what part of canada do you live in? I mean im in Toronto, and it gets pretty bad and ambiguous here with the weather.

also, have you brought it into the dealer to have them check it out yet? im curious to see if they are actually worth going to at this point.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
what part of canada do you live in? I mean im in Toronto, and it gets pretty bad and ambiguous here with the weather.

also, have you brought it into the dealer to have them check it out yet? im curious to see if they are actually worth going to at this point.
Newmarket. Commute to Barrie daily. Bad weather up there. It seems to work terribly in below 0 temps. Above and right around it seems to work acceptably

But when it was - 12 the other day it worked terribly

·
Registered
24 Posts
Newmarket. Commute to Barrie daily. Bad weather up there. It seems to work terribly in below 0 temps. Above and right around it seems to work acceptably

But when it was - 12 the other day it worked terribly
Haha rip, I know your pain. I find that with seat warmers off and steering wheel heaters off the hvac works a lite more normally. Or it's just me placeboing myself... I would definitely bring it into the dealer and have them remidy it.

I just hate how ever dealership visit is stupid long. The fact that even a 20 minute oil cha ge rakes them half a day and usually calls you up about a fake nail in your tire to be patched for $20.

Hopefully you see some results if you do bring it in. And keep us updated please.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Haha rip, I know your pain. I find that with seat warmers off and steering wheel heaters off the hvac works a lite more normally. Or it's just me placeboing myself... I would definitely bring it into the dealer and have them remidy it.

I just hate how ever dealership visit is stupid long. The fact that even a 20 minute oil cha ge rakes them half a day and usually calls you up about a fake nail in your tire to be patched for $20.

Hopefully you see some results if you do bring it in. And keep us updated please.
That's the reason I haven't been in again yet. Been in 3 times - first there was TSB on the HVAC - but they said it didn't work for people and Mazda is "Working on it"

I commute 40 minutes from home - its very hard to get the car in

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Setting the temp to 63 in our 2019 feels the same as setting it to 75 in my 2018. is there a fix for this?
Its bugged. Apparently there is a TSB but I am not sure if it was the old patch that didn't work or it is a new one that may work.

The system is not working as designed

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is an option in the system settings to link seat heaters to the auto climate control. This may exacerbate the problem? I haven't tested this out, but I have this problem even with them unlinked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

Now that it is definitely winter here in Canada, I have been having some problems with the auto heat setting in my 2019. It seems to blow oven hot air no matter what - even when it is warmed up and set on the lowest setting 15.5 celcius. Anyone else experiencing this? It is to the point where I am wearing short sleeves in the car in -10 Celsius weather. Even if I turn off the auto mode and put the fan on the first speed and lowest heat setting(Not the LO setting) it still blows air that is extremely hot. I am sure this is tied to the issues with HVAC system in general. Anyone know if Mazda has come out with a propper solution for the HVAC issues?
Isn't that "warm-ac.pdf" in the 2019-mazda-3-tsb-megathread-10-06-2019.236501?

I have the same issue, but I haven't taken it to the dealer yet.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Isn't that "warm-ac.pdf" in the 2019-mazda-3-tsb-megathread-10-06-2019.236501?

I have the same issue, but I haven't taken it to the dealer yet.
Yes but apparently the one from way back didn't work for alot of people so they were still "Working on it"

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the same problem with my Japanese manufactured 2019 Mazda3, Preferred AWD Sedan. I just sent an email to Mazda Customer Service complaining yet again. I also complained 6 weeks back for this and my frustration with the Mazda Connect System and they had me take it to the dealer for the latest software updates. No change after the service.

Last night it was 34 degrees and with the climate control system set to 61 the system pumped out too much heat. The solution was to turn it to Lo for a few seconds and back to 61. The system adjusts after 20 minutes or so and after that I need to adjust the temperature continuously towards 70 for the rest of the drive. The other option is to leave a window open.

While I have the problem every day, last night was particularly frustrating since I had friends in the car and my 3 month old Mazda was no better than a $500.00 piece of junk ready for the crusher.

Who cares about their efforts to perfectly engineer the car with all the skyactiv junk if they can't even get the automatic climate system to work properly.

Question for those with the problem: Do you have a sunroof? I suspect it is worse in my car without a sunroof. The system may be configured to adjust for the heat loss associated with the glass roof.

I am done complaining - back to work to earn a paycheck to make the payments for the next 4 years and 9 months.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I have the same problem with my Japanese manufactured 2019 Mazda3, Preferred AWD Sedan. I just sent an email to Mazda Customer Service complaining yet again. I also complained 6 weeks back for this and my frustration with the Mazda Connect System and they had me take it to the dealer for the latest software updates. No change after the service.

Last night it was 34 degrees and with the climate control system set to 61 the system pumped out too much heat. The solution was to turn it to Lo for a few seconds and back to 61. The system adjusts after 20 minutes or so and after that I need to adjust the temperature continuously towards 70 for the rest of the drive. The other option is to leave a window open.

While I have the problem every day, last night was particularly frustrating since I had friends in the car and my 3 month old Mazda was no better than a $500.00 piece of junk ready for the crusher.

Who cares about their efforts to perfectly engineer the car with all the skyactiv junk if they can't even get the automatic climate system to work properly.

Question for those with the problem: Do you have a sunroof? I suspect it is worse in my car without a sunroof. The system may be configured to adjust for the heat loss associated with the glass roof.

I am done complaining - back to work to earn a paycheck to make the payments for the next 4 years and 9 months.
I hear you. I'm just as frustrated. I do not have a sunroof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I roll down the windows on the way to work. I kinda enjoy driving in 20 degree weather with the heat blasting.
Of course, if it's wet out, I'm hosed...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Automated climate control, of course, has been around forever... and it has been perfected. So Mazda should not have any problem getting it right.

Having said this, at one time I really wanted ACC... but I am not so fussed about it at this point. My Mazda6 Sport (2017) has manual A/C - and I'm fine with it. I guess I like stupid, simple.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Automated climate control, of course, has been around forever... and it has been perfected. So Mazda should not have any problem getting it right.

Having said this, at one time I really wanted ACC... but I am not so fussed about it at this point. My Mazda6 Sport (2017) has manual A/C - and I'm fine with it. I guess I like stupid, simple.
Even the manual mode does not work correctly. 15.5 the lowest setting is stiflingly hot on low fan. I'm talking like uncomfortable on your hand when you put it near a vent

21 - 40 of 85 Posts