2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Now that it is definitely winter here in Canada, I have been having some problems with the auto heat setting in my 2019. It seems to blow oven hot air no matter what - even when it is warmed up and set on the lowest setting 15.5 celcius. Anyone else experiencing this? It is to the point where I am wearing short sleeves in the car in -10 Celsius weather. Even if I turn off the auto mode and put the fan on the first speed and lowest heat setting(Not the LO setting) it still blows air that is extremely hot. I am sure this is tied to the issues with HVAC system in general. Anyone know if Mazda has come out with a propper solution for the HVAC issues?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys,

Now that it is definitely winter here in Canada, I have been having some problems with the auto heat setting in my 2019. It seems to blow oven hot air no matter what - even when it is warmed up and set on the lowest setting 15.5 celcius. Anyone else experiencing this? It is to the point where I am wearing short sleeves in the car in -10 Celsius weather. Even if I turn off the auto mode and put the fan on the first speed and lowest heat setting(Not the LO setting) it still blows air that is extremely hot. I am sure this is tied to the issues with HVAC system in general. Anyone know if Mazda has come out with a propper solution for the HVAC issues?
Same issue here. There is a TSB for this issue, contact your dealer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
New 2020 Hatchback owner here, I'm getting the same issues as the OP, also what does TSB mean?
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin - It's what auto manufacturers send out to dealers to tell them how to fix certain known defects in cars. These are not official recalls, just things that some people run into that can be fixed that generally aren't safety issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I noticed soon after getting the car the temperature of the Auto Temperature seems to be way off. A guess is about 7-8°F lower than actual. So in other cars I may keep at 72°F in Summer I found myself keeping this at around 64-65°F. Well it was 14°F yesterday morning so Winter in here now and I had warmer clothes and a jacket on and was sweating in car yesterday to the point I had to shut the vent off on driver's side while car was set to 61°F (maybe 62°F, whatever the lowest one is before says, "Lo"). I'm assuming it's just a computer reprogram required to fix but I just haven't been back to dealer since 45mins away. When I go for my free oil change I'll get the rearview mirror recall done and mention this issue as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You obviously are really frustrated. I'm sorry to hear this. I know you have that cylinder deactivation issue; you have this HVAC temp issue. Many other issues too?
Stalled in reverse this morning. It's automatic. Also managed to get a cracked windshield, but I can't fault mazda for that one.

The HVAC system working appropriately is absolutely crucial in Canadian highway winter driving

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have this issue as well. It doesn't matter what the auto temp is set to, it blows the hottest air possible unless I turn the system off. Even then, some hot air comes into the cabin.

It's frustrating that this wasn't better QC'd before leaving the factory. It's kind of a basic thing that needs to be gotten right if you're going to say you're a near-luxury car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have this issue as well. It doesn't matter what the auto temp is set to, it blows the hottest air possible unless I turn the system off. Even then, some hot air comes into the cabin.

It's frustrating that this wasn't better QC'd before leaving the factory. It's kind of a basic thing that needs to be gotten right if you're going to say you're a near-luxury car.
It's a rediculous problem. I have to strip down in the car as I drive 40 minutes in the highway to work. It's really quite distracting. Can't turn it down as I need to it keep the windshield warm with all the snow around. Even if you put the fan to the lowest setting and 15.5 degrees it's too hot

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's a rediculous problem. I have to strip down in the car as I drive 40 minutes in the highway to work. It's really quite distracting. Can't turn it down as I need to it keep the windshield warm with all the snow around. Even if you put the fan to the lowest setting and 15.5 degrees it's too hot
sounds like a really bad software problem

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I share your thinking that AC is always blowing warm air on the winter but I thought that if outside are 10º and the minimum you can set on the AC is 15.5º it was normal that it blows hot air.
Maybe it is too hot but for me it is OK I like it warm
Well yes it should blow hot hair. But only until your desired temperature ie 15.5. Then it should tone down a little bit and keep it at 15.5, not keep blowing stiflingly hot air. It's set at 15.5 but the cars temperature is most likely closer to 27 to 30 c at least in the front seats

·
Registered
126 Posts
With automated climate control three parameters are controlled: air temp, fan speed, and airflow position (dashboard vents versus floor + a bit of defrost vents). The further the in-car temp is (i.e. below) from the set-point temp, the higher the fan speed and the hotter the air temp out the floor ducts is. Then it tapers back both temp and fan speed. Bilbo.... does your fan speed remain high as it gets to (and exceeds) set-point temp?

·
Registered
126 Posts
With automated climate control three parameters are controlled: air temp, fan speed, and airflow position (dashboard vents versus floor + a bit of defrost vents). The further the in-car temp is (i.e. below) from the set-point temp, the higher the fan speed and the hotter the air temp out the floor ducts is. Then it tapers back both temp and fan speed. Bilbo.... does your fan speed remain high as it gets to (and exceeds) set-point temp?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It exceeds the set point by a wide margin it does not appear to be an issue with the fan speed - just the temperature. It will keep going up without manual intervention.

I have also had the issue where I get almost nothing coming out of the vents on startup auto as well.

The fan could be set at the lowest possible setting and it will still get too hot - it is not turning down the temperature at all

·
Registered
126 Posts
1) the no flow out of the vents is by design. On startup u have no coolant heat so flowing lotsa cold thru "heat" vents would beboth pointless and would make u feel cooler yet. So... by design, little flow till coolant temp builds; 2) by turning dn fan speed you are manually overriding the fanspeed aspect of automation... NP... that is working ok. No, your prb is solely the air blend door not being prooerly contrilled to a correct temp. My 2 buts...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts