2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ended up getting a front+rear set of Husky Liner Weatherbeater floor mats for $97 shipped from Amazon. The Weathertech mats definitely look better but are $70-80 more.
-The lips around the mat seem a bit flimsy and I'll have to see how well they hold up.
-There are sharp spikes under the mats that help keep them in place.
-The mats completely cover the dead pedal (unlike the Weathertech mats) so I might trim it when I receive my aluminum pedals
-Mats also completely cover the fuel cover release but they give you the option of trimming it if you want.

Time for pics:

^Mats completely cover the dead pedal & fuel cover release

^Front seats pushed foward

^Front Seats pushed back

Reactions: XERO

·
Registered
486 Posts
they look nice. with the bi-polar orlando weather im looking for some floor mats too. But 97 bucks on floor mats is a bit much lol.

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
they look nice. with the bi-polar orlando weather im looking for some floor mats too. But 97 bucks on floor mats is a bit much lol.
Here's the value in having something like husky liners or weathertech liners in a vehicle.
My truck will probably hit 200,000 miles today on the way home. Last weekend, I vacuumed and steam cleaned the carpet.

Before

After just vacuuming

After steam cleaning

The pictures are of the drivers side, so it gets the most abuse... the carpet looks new. I put my Huskyliners in the truck after owning it a few days and purchased it new. The Husky Liners probably have 199,500 miles on them.. a little deformed on the edges, but no places it's wearing through at or anything like that.

I have Huskyliners in all my vehicles (2001 F-250, 2007 Ford Edge, 1984 Bronco II) except for my MZ3 that has Weathertechs. All but the Bronco II look like they have new carpet. The Bronco II was abused before I got it and it's a trail truck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, your car doesn't have the great opportunity of experiencing New England snow.

@Bryce: Your carpet looks great; that's how I plan on keeping my carpets looking.

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
@Bryce: Your carpet looks great; that's how I plan on keeping my carpets looking.
It was still nasty even with the floor liners... the carpet had never had anything done but vacuuming in 11 years.
this was the steam cleaner water after 1/2 the truck

·
Registered
508 Posts
That $97 saves you cost of detailing, and also prevents taking a hit on resale because of stains and/or wear to the interior carpet.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'll have to get them for my wife's car. Way better price than OEM. I've had the weather techs before, but if the Husky ones can last almost 200K... might be worth checking out.

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
I'll have to get them for my wife's car. Way better price than OEM. I've had the weather techs before, but if the Husky ones can last almost 200K... might be worth checking out.
the Weathertechs I'm sure that they can make it to 200K also, but the Huskyliners are cheaper. the only complaint I have with my Huskyliners at 200K is that the edges have deformed and sort of rolled inward... Probably from sitting outside in my truck in Georgia (it doesn't fit in the garage)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have the OEM rubber mats and due to the constant placement of my right heel I have eaten through them at only 40K. Sucks; that was fast. I need to buy something in order to not create a huge hole in the floor matting underneath.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just picked up a set of these for my car. Much cheaper then the Weather Techs (shipping to Hawaii sucks) and pretty good quality. Wasted waaaay too much on crappy universal rubber mats that don't last and same goes for the oem Mazda all weather mats. Those are horrible! Those oem ones have poor coverage and ware thru really fast. These are good, just too bad they totally cover my aluminum dead pedal, but at least now I get full coverage.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wasted waaaay too much on crappy universal rubber mats that don't last and same goes for the oem Mazda all weather mats. Those are horrible! Those oem ones have poor coverage and ware thru really fast.
I agree about the OEM's. I was shocked to have worn a hole in less than 40K. The similiar ones I got for my prior Acura lasted 80K and they still looked new when I sold them online after selling the car.
I may just pull the trigger on WeatherTechs and call it a day. I will be able to sell them on this site after the fact so at least you can recoup some of the higher costs associated with the quality and durability.

·
Registered
701 Posts
So I was thinking about getting a set but I was looking at this image and found a flaw in their design. It looks like it covers the release for the gas door. Does it get annoying to have to lift up the mats to refuel?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So I was thinking about getting a set but I was looking at this image and found a flaw in their design. It looks like it covers the release for the gas door. Does it get annoying to have to lift up the mats to refuel?
Yes, it got annoying. That's why I cut a hole in the liner today. If you look at the picture of the mat there is an outline for you to cut a hole (instruction manual specifically states that you can cut a hole if you want). Just note that if you decide to cut a hole it leaves an opening for water to get inside.

Here's a pic of my mat which I cut up to show the dead pedal and the gas door release. I was tired and rushed it so it looks shitty up close.

I don't like rubber mats
what's the meaning of having ugly rubber mats to protect the floor carpet if you will never see it
it is behind the ugly mats :)
I live in New England where the winters can get bad. Rubber mats are much easier to clean than carpet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts