2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally purchased my Mazda 3 in 2014. At the time it had the Turn by Turn Directions displaying in the HUD. Loved that feature. Some year after they did an update and it was no longer displaying when I set a destination. I read somewhere there may be a bug? But I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so, was there another update that brought it back? Is it still a bug?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally purchased my Mazda 3 in 2014. At the time it had the Turn by Turn Directions displaying in the HUD. Loved that feature. Some year after they did an update and it was no longer displaying when I set a destination. I read somewhere there may be a bug? But I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so, was there another update that brought it back? Is it still a bug?
This may be stating the obvious but just in case...did you go into the hud settings? There is a turn by turn box that needs to be checked.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can check your version in Settings/System.

If you're in North America, this was a known bug with some of the earlier version 55 firmware. It's fixed in version 55.00.760 and 59.00.441. If you have one of those, then you just have to click the checkbox in HUD settings like nanos said above. If not, then you can ask your dealership to update your firmware again. Or you can do it yourself. Search around and you'll find where to download the files and how to update.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having the same issue, picked my 2014 mazda 3 Sport Nav up last weekend and mine has never worked, I'm on version 59.00.502. I'm one the UK.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm having the same issue, picked my 2014 mazda 3 Sport Nav up last weekend and mine has never worked, I'm on version 59.00.502. I'm one the UK.
My UK Mazda 3 shows turn by turn in the HUD.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Is your OS version the same as mine ? 59.00.502. I have made sure the navigation box it ticked in the hud settings.
I have 59.00.331 EU N. My car was supplied new in March 2017 so I'm surprised you appear to have a much later version. Doe anyone have a link to the EU software versions and what's changed in each version?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have 59.00.331 EU N. My car was supplied new in March 2017 so I'm surprised you appear to have a much later version. Doe anyone have a link to the EU software versions and what's changed in each version?

Done a factory reset and it now works.

This is an image of my OS version

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have 502 updated recently and i am all fine.... try a number of factory resets sometimes it doesn't take...also as mentioned make sure it is ticked in the nav settings.

mark

·
Registered
310 Posts
Isn't there an option in the HUD setting for Navigation info on HUD? If you have already turned this on, and you are running the latest S/W version - you would need to have the car serviced at Mazda. It should work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts