2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum. Ever since I installed a SRI from HPS performance on my 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2.0L, i’ve been noticing a rumble when on throttle from 1k-2k rpms. I have a OVTune but it didn’t make the noise vanish which I didn’t intend it to. The only thing i can think of is an air straightner that’s inside the short tube from the throttle body to the fliter, but I don’t see any body talking about the issue/showing it on video. I will be linking the rumble soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds awesome. If anything, I'd like to know how to make it rumble louder.
No man thats awful... its not a good rumble like an exhaust rumble, it sounds like air is hitting something its not supposed to.. the rumble in that video is only in the first few seconds between 1 and 2k rpms.. it doesnt sound right at all

·
Registered
74 Posts
Then take 20 minutes pull the intake, and put back in the stock intake.

Something is loose, and if you can't spot it with a flashlight and pulling on things, just put it back to stock if you think something is broken.

After you're done, test drive it, and if the sound is gone, then reinstall the SRI with care and attention. If the sound returns, then something is messed up with your install. Back it out one at a time until you find it.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,282 Posts
No man thats awful... its not a good rumble like an exhaust rumble, it sounds like air is hitting something its not supposed to.. the rumble in that video is only in the first few seconds between 1 and 2k rpms.. it doesnt sound right at all
That sounds quieter than my 2018 M3 2.5 w/k&n - 69 series. A very loud low growling, which is a lot louder than my stock exhaust :laugh2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it possible you're hearing the IMR (intake manifold runner) change variably like it's suppose to? that's the only thing i'd think you'd notice, there's an air tuning valve/flap deal, and then the actual IMRC in the actual intake manifold.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it possible you're hearing the IMR (intake manifold runner) change variably like it's suppose to? that's the only thing i'd think you'd notice, there's an air tuning valve/flap deal, and then the actual IMRC in the actual intake manifold.
The sound i am talking about is the one the first sound that can be heard, right before second 2. I cannot really describe what it sounds like, but it is different than an exhaust note.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put a Corksport SRI on mine and have the same sound happen in the same rev range. I've had the intake for about 2 years now but haven't had any intake problems come up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts