2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Zoom Zoom
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Took inspiration from your post and wrapped the interior in brushed black metal :D

One tip I have concerns the panel / cover for the cupholders. You can actually remove this very easily and completely take it apart, until the only thing you have left is the plastic cover itself. You can then perfectly wrap it and just stick leftover wrap material on the bottom-side and have the slit for the chrome piece nicely cut / wrapped on the inside.
Then just put it back together and it looks nothing short of an OEM finish.

View attachment 279121 View attachment 279122 View attachment 279123
Glad I could help. You did a good job, it turned out great!
I thought you must be able to remove the cupholder cover but I couldn’t seem to figure it out. Would you mind explaining how you managed to take it off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad I could help. You did a good job, it turned out great!
I thought you must be able to remove the cupholder cover but I couldn’t seem to figure it out. Would you mind explaining how you managed to take it off?
Sure. Once the center console is off, you can easily pull out the cupholder sub-assembly. Once you got it out, you'll find a couple of screws on the bottom-side and some (pretty stiff) clips that you have to pop loose.
That suffices to separate the rotating cover. Final step is then to separate the glossy piece by removing the (now visible) screws. The chrome strip is simply a sticky piece that you can pull out from the bottom side :)

Once you pull out the cupholder sub-assy, it's a self-explanatory procedure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know, I found a company that does hydrography and delivered a disassembled panel to them. After one year of use, 0 fig.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts