2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to watch DVD + Digital TV while car is moving (while driving) (cancel code)

- SuperTelevisor

This clip is in Japanese but steps are quite simple to follow.
Excuse my english it not my first language after all and I am not owner of this clip.
1) Ignition "On"
2) Press and hold down Mute, ♪ and ★ till screen changes to "Test Mode"
3) Type the code "26" and press "Enter" then chose "DTV Test Mode Off - Complete" by using MZD dial
4) Type the code "27" and press "Enter" then chose "DTV Test Mode Off - Complete" by using MZD dial
5) Ignition "Off" and then "on" again

Now you (ah other passengers) will be able to watch TV while driving.
(In Japan, we have digital broadcast that let you watch on smart-phones and Car navigations and this video is showing digital TV broad cast).

I believe DVD should have same steps to cancel the "safety feature" of MZD but since I won't get my Mazda3 till Dec, I am unable to test it just yet.
Edit: info from other owners in Japan, this steps will cancel both DVD and TV safety feature.
Edit: This may confuse some there is a code for DVD which is 22. Steps are the same and works on Ver. 31

Screenshot here:
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/ima...00/002/777/718/2777718/p2.jpg?ct=7463f3b0103d

Please try it at your own risks, and I won't be responsible for any damages or accident that may cause by this post!

cheers - Nori

·
OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
103 Posts
- SuperTelevisor

Excuse my english it not my first language after all and I am not owner of this clip.
1) Ignition "On"
3) Type the code "26" and press "Enter" then chose "DTV Test Mode Off - Complete" by using MZD dial
4) Type the code "27" and press "Enter" then chose "DTV Test Mode Off - Complete" by using MZD dial

(In Japan, we have digital broadcast that let you watch on smart-phones and Car navigations and this video is showing digital TV broad cast).

I believe DVD should have same steps to cancel the "safety feature" of MZD but since I won't get my Mazda3 till Dec, I am unable to test it just yet.

Edit: info from other owners in Japan, this steps will cancel both DVD and TV safety feature.

Please try it at your own risks, and I won't be responsible for any damages or accident that may cause by this post!

cheers - Nori
Any chance you know a cancel code to let us use the touchscreen while driving? :001_tongue:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess we should be able to access to the all Codes in the "Test mode" and there should be Touch Screen cancel code or anything to manipulate safety features but the problem is I haven't got my car yet so no chance to play with the codes... Perhaps you can try to go through from Code 1?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the tv/dvd option standard on all 3 with the entertaintmet screen, or is it an option to choose at the dealer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any chance you know a cancel code to let us use the touchscreen while driving? :001_tongue:
I went through all the numbers on my car and did not see anything for using the touchscreen while driving. Maybe it is under a name I didn't recognize though. Options are 01-99 with probably about half of them being invalid.

Did try the TV tuner option, but no new options showed up so I guess the US models are a no go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went through all the numbers on my car and did not see anything for using the touchscreen while driving. Maybe it is under a name I didn't recognize though. Options are 01-99 with probably about half of them being invalid.

Did try the TV tuner option, but no new options showed up so I guess the US models are a no go.
I think that the actual tv tuner is not there nor the DVD unit. So, it does not matter if you activate those options in the menu.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was actually wondering if our screens could do this. Really wanted to watch the world cup while I was stuck in traffic coming home from work the other week!

·
Registered
476 Posts
The US models don't have a tv tuner or DVD player. Those codes would be used to activate the software in cars (japanese) that are equipped. It would be nice to be able to load a codec pack into the system to watch videos through the USB port. In the US, for safety reasons, it's not going to happen without a software hack. The system would certainly have to be available ONLY when in park. In any other configuration, the roads would be much more deadly. I don't want to die because some knucklehead was busy watching "Dr. Phil" while driving down the interstate. LoL

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think this thread needs to be removed. I can see watching TV while the car is parked and not moving but a how-to guide on driving and watching TV is beyond ludicrous. Someone will die or get seriously hurt and I guarantee you the lawyers will subpoena and sue the site moderators and the yahoo who posted this.

:nono:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think this thread needs to be removed. I can see watching TV while the car is parked and not moving but a how-to guide on driving and watching TV is beyond ludicrous. Someone will die or get seriously hurt and I guarantee you the lawyers will subpoena and sue the site moderators and the yahoo who posted this.

:nono:
How about no. The actual tuner and DVD player are only available in Japan as far as I know. The main conversation is about having full functionality of the head unit while driving. Nice try though. Too bad the fun police aren't hiring right now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
How about no. The actual tuner and DVD player are only available in Japan as far as I know. The main conversation is about having full functionality of the head unit while driving. Nice try though. Too bad the fun police aren't hiring right now.
The title of the thread is, "How to watch digital TV while the car is moving (driving)(cancel code)"

One doesn't have to be an English major to understand that statement.

Fun police? Nothing fun about having your wife, daughter, mother, father, brother, etc, being killed by some idiot driver who was watching TV because they learned on how to defeat the programming that allows one to watch TV while the vehicle is in motion.

There is a reason WHY there isn't full functionality of the head unit while driving. That reason is people's lives are on the line. Mazda doesn't want to get sued for allowing full functionality of the head unit while driving. Distracted driving/texting is already the #1 cause of traffic deaths. The most dangerous thing you do each day is get into your car and drive. Why make it any more deadlier?

Watching TV while the car is parked is OK but watching TV while driving is NOT OK and completely ludicrous.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The title of the thread is, "How to watch digital TV while the car is moving (driving)(cancel code)"

One doesn't have to be an English major to understand that statement.

Fun police? Nothing fun about having your wife, daughter, mother, father, brother, etc, being killed by some idiot driver who was watching TV because they learned on how to defeat the programming that allows one to watch TV while the vehicle is in motion.

There is a reason WHY there isn't full functionality of the head unit while driving. That reason is people's lives are on the line. Mazda doesn't want to get sued for allowing full functionality of the head unit while driving. Distracted driving/texting is already the #1 cause of traffic deaths. The most dangerous thing you do each day is get into your car and drive. Why make it any more deadlier?

Watching TV while the car is parked is OK but watching TV while driving is NOT OK and completely ludicrous.
That is a lot of people to fit in a Mazda 3. No cousins? Aunts? Uncles? Our back seats are not that large.

Since the tuner and dvd player are not available in the US or Canada then the point of the original title doesn't really matter. What it does though is open up discussion on allowing us to do simple things like having our passenger enter in an address into navigation while we are driving. Like you said people are already texting while driving, so what is the point of limiting the features we (driver or passenger) can use while the car is motion?

·
Banned
351 Posts
- SuperTelevisor

1) Ignition "On"

Edit: This may confuse some there is a code for DVD which is 22. Steps are the same and works on Ver. 31

Screenshot here:
Photo

cheers - Nori
What is the part number is DTV and DVD. My car has no DTV and DVD. I live in Russia and our machines do not have these parts. I want to buy them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It would be nice if they used the sensor that activates the passenger air bag to active the user controls and touch screen while moving so at least the passenger could do something with the infotainment while driving! I personally think that using Cell phones and texting is far more dangerous than operating the infotainment controls after all they don't disable any other controls in the vehicle...HVAC, etc.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It would be nice if they used the sensor that activates the passenger air bag to active the user controls and touch screen while moving so at least the passenger could do something with the infotainment while driving! I personally think that using Cell phones and texting is far more dangerous than operating the infotainment controls after all they don't disable any other controls in the vehicle...HVAC, etc.
Depends what you're doing. The point is taking your eyes off the road and focusing on something. If you have to focus to use the HVAC you're mind-bogglingly stupid. But if you're trying to search for a local restaurant on the GPS? That requires typing and reading, which is the same thing as texting and using your cell phone. Trying to find a song? Same thing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Depends what you're doing. The point is taking your eyes off the road and focusing on something. If you have to focus to use the HVAC you're mind-bogglingly stupid. But if you're trying to search for a local restaurant on the GPS? That requires typing and reading, which is the same thing as texting and using your cell phone. Trying to find a song? Same thing.
You can already try to find a song and you can look up local restaurants. You just can't type in a name of something.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts