2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm in the process of upgrading my BOSE sound system. I've got a LOC installed that sends the audio signal to my new amp, and it all works well. However I want to re-use the car's speaker wiring if possible.

I was wondering how it is that you guys are actually splicing in to the amp output wires. Are you removing the seat first before attempting? I am finding that just putting the seat forward allows me to unplug the three adapters that go into the amp, but there's nowhere near enough space to cut the wire open and splice it.

My goal is to splice into each of the speaker out wires (cutting them off from the BOSE amp).

What's the secret?

Are there a commercially available harnesses that fits the connectors?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I don't know off-hand of anyone else here that has totally replaced the Bose amp and speakers on their own. I think most of the people here have just used a PAC and LOC to add an amp for a sub.

IF you want to replace everything and use the factory wiring, you're probably going to have to remove the seat. That way, you can just mount your amp in the same spot. Probably make everything easier that way. Then the only thing you might have to wire in your self is a sub, if you add one to the trunk. I'm not sure what the power wire looks like to the stock amp, so you may have to add a bigger power and ground wire as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. :) The whole reason I asked is that I am having difficulty undoing the seat with some cheap wrenches!

I've already got the PAC LOC installed, and power from the battery, with a sub running from my 5 Channel 900W RMS amp.

Basically I wanted everything as clean as possible by leveraging the existing wiring :)

Looks like I need to pull out the seat and really get in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts