2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used another how to on anther forum, his pictures were bad and missing and description sucked so i will try to make mine clearer.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR OWN CAR

things you will need: at least 1 foot of 3/8 rubber hose 1 can of seafoam
and a few minutes of your time

make sure your car is at normal operating temperature before doing this for best results

make sure engine is off when starting

first remove your engine cover and the battery vent thing if you have not already

then locate the vacuum hose behind the throttle body that has the red clip on it (picture where my finger is pointing)

remove the clip by opening it up and carefully removing (it will want to fall)so be careful and then slide the vacuum line off the nipple

then attach your 3/8 line to this nipple

start your car, it will idle funny as it is essentially leaking vacuum

SLOWLY pour in 1/3-1/2 can of seafoam through the vacuum line you attached do not let the car die (the car needs to be running the entire time you pour) every few seconds stop pouring and cover hose with thumb to let the vacuum build back and suck the seafoam better

shut the car off and disconnect your 3/8th hose. then reconnect your cars hose and clip the red clip over the top put your engine cover and battery vent on and let the car sit for 45minutes-2 hours or so and then go drive IT WILL SMOKE AND IT MAYBE BAD FOR A SHORT WHILE this is normal as the seafoam burns the carbon out of your engine. drive until it stops smoking and then a little more.

enjoy your clean engine

thanks for reading my how to.

Attachments

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Good write up .
thanks, i dont do a whole lot of them but noticed this forum did not have one for seafoaming the internals of the 3 so i made one, i used some from another forum write up (hose size and where he found to put the hose on the car to get at the vacuum system, since our cars have the brake booster all covered up) but the rest was me. seafoaming through vacuum induction like this especially in our direct injection motors helps get carbon build up and other crud out that just pouring it in the gas and oil cannot possibly reach. its good to do it in any car and i do it in all kine every oil change half through vacuum line half through gas tank and they run like champs and mpg stays up. plus its hard to beat that grim when you see that white smoke and the expression on your neighbors face when they dont understand its good not bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts