2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! 1st post to the forum please advise if I've missed anything or messed up.

I have a 2009 mazda 3 with thule roof rack and wanted to get a roof rack for my 2016 mazda 3 without buying another whole set!

So 1st I bought the new mazda 3 roof rails which were £18.65
Part numbers:
MBHY2509HO
MBHY2509LO

I wanted to clean under my old roof rails before the new ones went on so I asked if the service guy can show me how to take them off so after 5 minutes of him just pulling them with no tools needed they were off and no charge for doing so!!

Please keep an eye on the forward and backward movement of the rail if it moves back and forth it will lock under the clips and won't come off. If this happens just move the rail back to the middle

Automotive exterior Automotive window part Glass Bumper Auto part

Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Glass Windshield

So now that they are all cleaned up you can see where the rubber pads line up to on top of the higher sections and at either end there is something that looks like a nail that the ends grab onto!

Here are what the rail clips and rubbers look like if you slide it back and forth that is the clips that get stuck under

Gun Wood Firearm Rifle

Gun Wood Firearm

To re fit simply line up the rubbers to correct bulges in the roof and push down easy!

Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Rim Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Roof Metal

Now just to fit your old mazda 3 gen 2 roof rack to the new 1

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Windshield

Hope this helps a lot of people who are worried about the door clip style ones which I was nervous about them scratching the car...

Side note.. I've heard a few people do similar with different roof racks that had to cutting the bars, shortening the bolts and also heard some bolts winding so far in that they touch the roof! This is not the case with this setup il add more images below if your concerned about the fitting

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

This stopper on the thread is in the correct place and bolts don't need cutting

Tire Material property Rim Automotive tire Auto part

Stopper in correct position. I only screwed it in without the roof bars to show you

Very happy with the rubbers fitting to the roof also without modifications

Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Auto part Roof rack

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Roof rack Bumper Automotive carrying rack

Automotive exterior Roof rack Automotive bicycle rack Automotive carrying rack Vehicle

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey
View attachment 273053

View attachment 273054

Stopper in correct position. I only screwed it in without the roof bars to show you

View attachment 273058

View attachment 273057

View attachment 273056

Thanks for looking!

Just curious how the wind noise is with these bad boys installed? Have been wanting to get them for a while!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys! 1st post to the forum please advise if I've missed anything or messed up.

I have a 2009 mazda 3 with thule roof rack and wanted to get a roof rack for my 2016 mazda 3 without buying another whole set!

View attachment 273043

So 1st I bought the new mazda 3 roof rails which were £18.65
Part numbers:
MBHY2509HO
MBHY2509LO

Interesting. So the 2009 rack will fit on a 2016? Just need to get the roof rails trims?

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 273053

View attachment 273054

View attachment 273058

View attachment 273057

View attachment 273056

Thanks for looking!
Hi, do you have the Thule part numbers for your fitting point roof rack. Messaged Thule and they can only find the clamp version. I want something secure like the one you've got there. Cheers, jb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts